CHAPTER 35

Melissa POV

''You're being selfish as fuck'' Carl grumbled over the phone and I whined in response.

I had a few hours to get ready for the dinner and the last thing I wanted was for the car ride there to be as awkward as it was this afternoon.

''I know, I know but what if I rush into a decision and regret it later on?" I asked Carl and then frowned deeply, my eyes fixed on the ceiling but my thoughts were elsewhere.

I was stuck in a dilemma and I was extremely selfish for putting two others in this situation.

''So you're scared to go for Mr. Sugar daddy cause you're frightened that he doesn't really feel the same but you're certain Green eyed daydream feels the same way but you think your feeling for him has changed over the past few weeks?" He basically summed it all up.

''Yes, basically all that, I'm pathetic, I know!" I exclaimed and then stuffed my face inside my pillow.

"Well Mr. Green eyed daydream sure didn't work magic to woo you enough. His efforts were a D- basically" Carl added and I stared at the wall blankly

''But then again yes, you really are pathetic. But now's not the time for that sort of reflection. Just try to think of how you've felt whilst being with the two of them and recollect experiences, then leave the rest to your heart. The dinner starts soon so I'd suggest you start getting ready right now if you truly want to impress your suegra''

''My what?"

''Suegra, bitch. Its mother-in-law in Spanish and yes I did my homework, unless someone who's literally married to a_" That was my cue to hang up on him.

Gosh, he was so annoying at times.

Annoying yet mostly right.

I wasn't going to rush into a decision but I wasn't going to push the thought of it aside either. I had to take a definite and solemn path and stick to it, no regrets.

I took a glance at the box that contained the dress Anthony had ordered for me from one of the best dressmakers in Sandbury and then sighed aloud. The look on his face when he saw Nicholas's caller ID was almost enough to make me believe that he was actually jealous.

If he actually did get jealous, that'd make me question a lot of things but the possibility of that looked pretty low. Anthony, having feelings for me? The thought alone surged heat through my body and I was stuck staring at the ceiling lost in thought once again.

I didn't want to be disappointed or rejected. Neither did I want to be with someone who I wasn't sure I had feelings for, that'd hurt him.

There was only one way out of all this and it was one that would leave someone hurt.

And I was willing to bear the pain.

The plan was simple and yet heart wrenching, be honest with Nicholas and tell him of how you've lost feelings for him and then propose a divorce to Anthony. I make up an excuse, one that wouldn't make him think he was a horrible person.

I would then ask him the fastest way and the most appropriate time to get a divorce to prevent the media from spiralling things out of control.

We would then arrange ways we'd handle the company affairs even after the divorce.

Hopefully, I wouldn't have to work in the F. RAMIREZ INVESTMENTS building anymore after we split ways because the mere thought of seeing him walk through those halls, that soft smile on his face as he greets his workers and the scent of cologne and lavender filling the room would be enough to drive me nuts.