XVI // Bittersweet

Most people, normal people, would have spent the last few minutes relishing in the fact that there was free food in front of them. Or staring at the beautiful person sitting across from them in wonderment. I was staring at Zander, but it was more of a skeptical and inquisitive stare than an admiring one.

Being the nerd that I am, I was trying to figure out what, when, how and most importantly why we were currently having a picnic in a beautiful spot. Zander had claimed the little event in this abandoned building over the streets of London was to 'hang out'. He didn't seem like the kind of person that just hangs out with people. He does stuff - exciting, adrenaline creating stuff.

My brows are furrowed and I was eyeing Zander as he ate a chicken leg. He glances up at me and sighs. Then he puts the chicken down and cocks his head to the side and looks at me like I'm doing something amusing. "Do I need to put the blindfold back on so you will relax?" He teases me.

That might actually help, I thought - mocking myself in my head because I do things like that. I shrug and laugh a bit, avoiding his eyes. "I like blindfolds. They're mysterious and exciting."

"I'll keep that in mind," Zander says quietly. I look up and see a deceptive smirk plastered on his face.

"Don't. Please don't," I laugh. "I'm going to wake up tied to a chair and blindfolded if you remember that."

He chuckles deeply and lays down on his back. His breaths are somewhat ragged and he doesn't seem relaxed. A Zander that is not calm is strange to me. His knees are blocking my view of his face. I smile to myself at the pranks and tricks that are filtering through my mind that I could do to him right now.

I notice the black blindfold laying beside his foot and decide he needs to blindfolded. Yeah.

I slowly get onto my knees, careful to make it look like I'm not up to anything. I reach for a piece of cheese that was close to him and lean back to eat it. Then I reach for the blindfold. He'll just think I'm grabbing more food.

My fingers graze the soft material. I go to pull it away, but the other end is snatched just like that. Zander is still laying on his back, but his arms is lengthened and hanging on the the edge of the blindfold. He raises his head off of the hardwood floor and winks. "Hey." Well, hello there. "Whatcha up to?" he asks me playfully.

I roll my eyes and focus on my grip. I give it a little tug, but he doesn't let go willingly. I am going to have to force it out of his fingers. He gives a little tug back. There is no way I'm just going to let him win that easily.

I stand up and pull as hard as I can with both hands. I don't pull it away because Zander closes his other hand on the blindfold as well to help him hold on, but he is still laying down.

He pulls hard and I'm hurtled through the air stumbling forward, almost stepping on him. I trip over his stomach and hit my knees hard on the floor. I look back at him and see him scrunching up his face like he is feeling my pain. I try to crawl off of him, but he grabs my leg and keeps me in place. Damn you. I just can't catch a break. Each of us are holding on to our respective sides of the blindfold still.

He lets go of my leg and the black material and before I can pull away, he lunges at me so that I topple over. He is kneeling over top of me, pinning me down, with the sides of his shins pressed firmly to my sides. I stare up blowing hair out of my face and relaxing in defeat. His eyes are sparkling with danger and excitement and I have to remind myself not to ogle at him. I direct my attention to escaping his hold, but I know it's useless. I can't get out of this.

He reaches for the blindfold and I let him take it. It's not like he won't get it eventually anyway. "Decklynn, you can't beat me," he smirks. He flips me over so I'm laying on my stomach and ties the blindfold around my head once again. He moves away from me and I sit up.