eleven

PRESENT

PRESENT

Jimin rubbed his eyes tiredly as his teacher drawled on.

"Park Jimin!" his teacher, Jung Hoseok, shouted out.

Jimin's desk rattled as his head shot up. "Yes, sir?"

"I'm sorry if my English lectures are boring, but please pay more attention. You should take after Miss Ruby more."

Jimin pouted at that, but he knew that his teacher was right.

Ruby was talented in writing and using big words. She always impressed every teacher she had when it came time to write essays. She participated well in lectures, always taking notes. During debates, she always started off and took the lead, trying to lure in the opposing side with her fancy words and accurate facts. However, she sucked at math.

Jimin was the opposite. He was great at math. He could do mental math just as quick as writing it down. He knew the answer to simple problems as soon as he read it. He could quickly solve a hard question within seconds. He was the math teacher's pet.

Jimin sighed happily as the bell rang, signaling that it was lunchtime. He got up from his desk and reached his hand into his bag, realizing that he forgot his lunch at home.

He sat back in his chair with a defeated look on his face. He weighed down his choices. He could walk back home and waste twenty minutes or he could starve for another three hours before going home.

Jimin didn't want to walk home. He was lazy and he would probably earn a good spanking from Ruby if he walked home alone with no one around.

"Jimin-ah, Ruby's here," his friend, Kim Namjoon, announced as he poked his head in.

Jimin raised his head up and stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets as he followed Namjoon's gaze.

Ruby was waiting by the school's entrance with a brown bag in her hand. Her tongue was poking her inner cheek as she patiently waited for Jimin to hurry up and get his lunch that he left at home.

Jimin eagerly ran to her and to his lunch, arms open wide for a hug. Ruby stopped him by shoving the borne bag in front of her.

"I'm still mad at you. You can't sleep with me or touch me."

Jimin pouted as he took the brown bag out of her hands and huffed, walking away.

Ruby sighed as she walked back to her university. "What a dork."