PROLOGUE

****************

"The siren of the ambulance was blaring as the young 8-year old boy stood there with his younger sisters, while the youngest one was nestled in his hold, the other two stood near holding on to him. His mother had instructed him to look after his sisters as she sat in the ambulance while the door was closed by the hospital boy. As the sound of the ambulance faded he heard his first sister say as tears flowed from her eyes "Bhaiya, Papa ko Kya hua? Aur Maa kyun ro rahi thi?" as the young boy looked towards her with slight tears glistening his eyes. Though he did not have much idea he knew something terrible was going on with their father, which was evident with the struggles he had with his health over the past couple of months. He had seen his mother pray fervently before the almighty for his health, yet it seemed like forces above did not heed to any of her pleadings as his health got worse and then today he had to be finally shifted to the hospital. He had seen both his parents argue about it but given their financial condition his father was adamant on not getting admitted but then today his health had deteriorated so much that there was no other option left. "Neha, Kuch nahi hua Papa ko, Wo bas unki tabiyat thodi si kharab ho gayi hai. Dekhna wo jaldi Theek ho jayenge. Tu rona band kar" the boy said trying to give strength and belief to his sister while his own belief was starting to fade away.

A couple of hours had passed since his parents had gone to the hospital and the boy was getting restless, an unknown fear was gnawing his heart as his sisters slept around holding on to him. He could control no longer, he settled his sisters on the bed and slowly waking up Neha he said to her "Neha, main hospital jaa raha hoon. Apna, riya aur nikki ka khayal rakhna. Main Vimla kaki se bol ke jata hoon ki aaj wo yahin tum logon ke saath rukh jaaye" as Neha nodded while he got up and left. After requesting Vimla Kaki the boy took his neighbour's cycle and left for the hospital.

As the boy entered the hospital, a sense of uneasiness & nausea hit him. He could see people wailing for their loved ones, some with fractured limbs waiting for their treatment, some convulsing in pain as he searched for his mother just as a ward boy was trying to stop the young boy from entering as it was against the hospital rules but after much pleading the ward boy felt pity and allowed him. As the boy searched for his mother he was praying for the well being of his father, after a few moments he saw his mother sitting morosely like a lifeless body while his uncle (Mamaji) was shaking her in the hope of getting a reaction from her but there was none. As the boy neared them his mother's eyes met with him and that very moment her trance broke as tears burst out from her eyes, she held her son tightly who was perplexed with his mother's reaction but then she said the words which were going to haunt him for the rest of his life "Dev, Tere Papa nahi rahey" just as the blanket covering the body kept on the stretcher was lifted due to the gust of air from fan kept nearby and that was when he was hit by the sight of the Lifeless body of his father, a sight which would continue to haunt him for the rest of his life as he screamed.............

"Papa...." shrieked Dev as woke up with a startle just as Mamaji who was sitting beside him looked at him in shock but the very next moment he caught his hand and said "Dev, Kya hua beta" as Dev turned towards him to look at his worried face. It was then that the surroundings dawned on him.

"Mamaji, Maa..." he spoke with tears flowing unabashed from his eyes as his uncle held on to him and said "Kuch nahi hoga usey beta, himmat rakh. Kuch nahi hoga usey" as Dev came out of his hold and rested his head on the wall behind the chair as he drifted back to the memories of the day 20 years ago which he had just reminisced. It was the day which had never faded from his memory, the day when the young boy lost his father, his childhood, his innocence & his belief in god. It was the day when he turned into a man and a partner for his mother. And today she was on the deathbed fighting for her life. He did not want to go through that pain all over again, he did not want his sisters to become orphan.

It was another half an hour before the operation was finally over as Dr. Sinha made his way out of it just as Dev rushed towards him and asked "Dr.Sinha, Maa kaisi hai. Who theek toh hai na. Bataiye naa aap chup kyun hai. Kaisi hai Maa?" he spoke agitatedly.

"Calm down Mr.Dixit, Mrs.Ishwari Dixit abhi khatrey se bahar hai" he said as Dev finally found his breathe as slumped on to the chair, tears were flowing from his eyes but this time it was only of profound joy hearing that his mother was safe.

"Doctor Sahab, hum Ishwari mil saktey hain?" asked Mamaji as Dr.Sinha replied "Wo abhi Behosh hain, kuch der main unhey hosh aa jayega. Aap log unsey tab mil saktey hain" said Dr.Sinha as Mamaji nodded.

"Mr.Dixit, Mujhey aapkey Maa ke tabiyat ke baarey main kuch baat karni hai." said Dr.Sinha as Dev got up perplexed and asked "Kya Baat hai Dr.Sinha koi serious baat hai kya?"

"Yahan nahi Mr.Dixit, mere cabin main chaltey hai" he replied as Dev nodded and asking Mamaji to wait as he went with Dr.Sinha

Just as Mamaji saw the retreating figures of Dev and Dr.Sinha an eerie feeling entered his heart, he could gauge from Dr.Sinha's expression that something was definitely wrong and somewhere he knew what Dr.Sinha was about to talk with Dev, he only wished what he was thinking was untrue.

****************

Hola Everyone,

So based on the opinion I had requested from my readers a few days back about a new Short Story on KRPKAB, here I present the Prologue of the same. This story starts from the hospital track where instead of breaking up Dev and Sonakshi try to handle the situation maturely so as to over come the hurdles they face before uniting for eternity😊😊😊.

Please do read it. And Should I continue ??? Based on the reader feedback I will continue the story, so please do leave your views in the comment section.

Also do you like the title of story, if not please do let me know a nice title 🙂🙂.

If you like it please do vote. Makes the writer happy🙂🙂🙂.

KEEP READING, KEEP SUPPORTING.