PART 17 - THE CONVERSATIONS

Hola Everyone,

It's Monday and I am here with the next update. Thank you for your votes and comments. Means a lot.🙂🙂🙂

Without further ado, here is the next part of this story. Hope you like it :-

**************************

As Dev cut the call he laid his head on the headrest of his bed as his thoughts went back to the previous night and his talk with Mamaji...

----------------

"Mamaji mujhey aapsey kuch aur baat karni thi" said Dev as Mamaji could sense the hesitation in his voice as he said "Kya baat hai Dev, Tu pareshan kyun lag raha hai. Jo bhi kehna hai khul ke keh beta"

"Wo..Wo Mamaji Aapkey ghar ke jalney k eek haftey baad mujhey insurance walon ka call aaya tha" he said as Mamaji looked at him surprised, all these days whenever Mamaji had asked Dev about this Dev would say that his insurance was under process and he would look into it but never did he mention about this before.

"Dev, Tuney mujhey ye baat pehle kyun nahi batayi" he asked him as Dev replied "Uski..Uski ek wajah thi Mamaji" as Mamaji asked "Kya wajah Dev?" while Dev pondered, he knew what he was about to tell was bound to hurt his uncle but then it was important to know that he knew the truth.

"Mamaji wo...sab kuch dekhney aur parakhney ke baad insurance walon ka ye kehna hai ki aapkey ghar main aag koi hadsa nahi tha balki kisi ne jaan bujkar ghar main aag lagai thi" he said morosely as Mamaji was stunned into silence, never did he imagine that someone would burn his house down. As far he remembered he had no enemies so why anyone would burn his down.

"Ye tu kya keh raha hai Dev, meri toh kisi se koi dushmani bhi nahi hai toh phir mera ghar koi kyun jalayega" he asked turning hysterical by the moment, he was already reeling under the fact that the house which he had built from his hard-earned money was burnt and now added to that the fact that someone had wantedly burnt it down had flabbergasted him.

Dev kept quiet as he did not want to point at the obvious as Mamaji was deep in thoughts, suddenly something stuck and it stuck him like a thunderbolt, at the time when his house was burnt only Radharani was present in the house and she had escaped unscathed from it. In fact just a day before she had given all the jewellery to her brother for keeping it safely on the pretext that robberies had increased in their area, his thoughts went back to the times when Radharani had insisted him to shift to Ishwari Niwas but he had always denied but now everything made sense, as the truth dawned upon him he slowly spoke.

"Dev, Jiss waqt ghar main aag lagi thi uss waqt wahan sirf Radharani thi, iska matlab..." he stopped midway as Dev just looked down wordlessly as Mamaji's worst fears came true, it was indeed his wife who had burnt their house down, the next moment anger surged through him. He was about to get up and go when Dev stopped him.

----------------

The constant knock on the door brought Dev out of his thoughts as he saw Mamaji standing at the door. He came in thanked him for providing him the house while Dev just stopped him from doing that. After it dawned to Mamaji that Radharani had burnt the house he wanted to go right away and make her accept it, but Dev made him understand that there was no point in it now and made him understand. Though Mamaji did not agree but he made Dev promise that he will not stop him from leaving the house which Dev reluctantly agreed to and promised that he will get the house built for him but for the time being he will need to shift to a temporary house which Mamaji agreed to. Dev was sceptical about Ishwari agreeing to his or Mamaji's decision, but he was reassured by Mamaji that he will handle his sister and make her agree. And that was how the decision of Mamaji and his family shifting from Ishwari Niwas was taken. Thanking Dev once again Mamaji went to his room as Dev called it a night.