PART 13 - A CONVERSATION & A SLAP

Hola Everyone,

It's Monday🙂🙂🙂 and I am here with the next part of this story. Apologies for delay as I was caught up with my work.
Thank you for your valuable votes and comments, really means a lot.🙂🙂🙂
Without further ado here's the next part, hope you like it.
*********************

"BHAI...AAP YAHAN??" said Neha surprised to see her brother at her home, it was the first time Dev had visited her after she along with Ranveer had shifted to a different home away from Ranveer's family.

"Kyun? Main apney behen ke ghar nahi aa sakta kya?" he said with a naughty smirk on his face as Neha was left surprised, her brother was joking and that too with her just as Dev said "Ab kya aisey hi bahar khadey rakhegi mujhey?" he asked in mocking tone as Neha mentally slapped herself.

"Aaiye naa Bhai" she said as she escorted him inside the house, Dev looked around the house. On one side he could see the rack which was adorned with Ranveer's trophies and certificates while on the wall opposite to it had all the photos of their family members, surprisingly he found one photo which was his and Sonakshi's, the photo of them where they were posing the Titanic pose which was taken when they were playing dumb charades as a smile crept upon his face.

"Baithiye naa Bhai" she said as Dev settled on the chair kept in the room while Neha went to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water while Dev looked around the house, his sister had decorated their little home beautifully, he could get the homely feel here and was happy that Neha and Ranveer had created their small little world, he hoped nothing destroys their happiness.

"Pani" said Neha handing over the glass of water to him, after finishing the glass of water he asked "Aur Neha, Kaisi hai tu? Ranveer kaisa hai?" he asked as Neha replied "Ranveer acchey hai Bhai. Bass abhi kuch der main aatey hi hongey" she replied as Dev nodded in agreement.

"Ghar aacha sajaya hai tuney" he said as Neha replied, "Thank you" while Dev got up and went towards the photos once again, he looked at his photo with Sonakshi, he kept looking at the photo while Neha stood quietly, after a few moments he asked "Ye photo tuney yahan kyun lagayi Neha?" he asked as he turned towards her.

Neha replied in an instant "Kyun main apney Bhai aur Bhabhi ka Photo laga nahi sakti kya?" she asked teasingly as Dev smiled as he asked the question which was in heart ever since he came to know from Sonakshi that the sisters had visited her.

"TU SONAKSHI SE MILNEY GAYI THI?" he asked as Neha looked at him, they both knew the answer to it yet wanted to hear it from the other. There was only one thought going on in both of their minds IT WAS TIME TO START BUILDING THE BURNT BRIDGE.

*********************

Sonakshi was sitting near the window of her room fiddling with the phone, looking at the screen of it for the past 15mins. She had returned from the hospital after meeting Dr. Sinha who was more than happy to welcome her back to work at the hospital and asked her to start the very next day. But right now something else was worrying her and it was about what Vicky, how does she reveal about Vicky to Dev. What would be his reaction? Would he believe her? What could they do about it as it involved a family member? Various questions were running in her mind as she could not come to a decision, it was a matter which needed to be handled very carefully.

"Coffee?" Sonakshi was brought out of her thoughts by the voice of Asha who had come with a couple of coffee into her room.

"Huh" said Sonakshi coming out of her thoughts as she continued "Thank you Maa" she said as she kept her phone aside on the table and got hold of one of the coffee mugs from Asha as she settled down on the chair near Sonakshi.