PART 4 - WAS IT THE END ??

Hola Everyone,

It's Sunday and I am here with the next part of this story. Apologies for posting it late.

Thank you for your valuable votes and comments, really means a lot🙂🙂🙂

Without further ado here's the next part, hope you like it.

*******************

As soon as Sonakshi saw Dev her lips curved into a bright smile but the moment she saw Dev's face her smile faded, a look at him and she could understand that he was broken. She felt as if he did not get sleep the whole night as his eyes indicated that he was probably crying, her mind was blank seeing him in such a condition. She was confused and did not know what to do but then did the only thing which she felt would soothe him. She took him into a bone crushing hug but what happened next perplexed her even more, Dev did not return her hug. It had never happened before ever since they had proclaimed their love to each other, Sonakshi felt a pain in her heart as she immediately sensed something was wrong. She tightened her hug around him yet did not get the desired reaction she had expected. She came out of the hug as she held his hand and made him move inside the house.

As they entered everyone was caught by surprise seeing Dev that too so early on a Sunday morning, it was Bijoy who broke the silence.

"Arey Dev Beta, Good morning" he said as Dev just returned a small smile confusing everyone even more as Asha looked towards Sonakshi in concern who herself was lost in her own thoughts.

"Good morning Deb, Aaj subah subah yahan. Chaliye aacha hi hua, aaj subah ka naashta aap humarey saath kariye" said Asha trying to lighten the sombre mood that was slowly setting in the Bose house.

Dev was quiet, his thoughts were muddled at that moment. He did not know whether the decision he had taken was right or wrong, but he felt that it was for the best for everyone. Everyone looked at him patiently waiting for him to speak.

"Uncle, Aunty Kya main Sonakshi se akele main baat kar sakta hoon?" asked Dev as everyone looked surprised, generally Dev would be very open with his emotions but today he seemed quite guarded to everyone and then his request was unusual, he never needed any permission to talk to Sonakshi but then today he just did that.

"Arey Ismey poochney wali kya baat hai beta" said Dadi as Asha added "Haan Deb tumhey Sona se baat karney ke liye koi permission maangney ki zaroorat nahi hai. Sona, Tu Deb ko apney kamrey main le jaa, main tum dono ke liye coffee bhijwati hoon" she said as Sonakshi nodded and held Dev's hand as they proceeded to her room while Bijoy looked at Asha, concern clearly visible on their face.

--------------------------------------------

Dev and Sonakshi sat silently by the window in Sonakshi's room. While Dev was staring into oblivion unable to understand how to start the conversation for which he had come, Sonakshi laid her head on his shoulders. A small smile played on her lips, though their was fear in her heart thinking about why Dev wanted to speak to her that too alone but right at that moment laying her head on his shoulders made her forget everything, it made her feel happy and peaceful, she felt she could spend her whole lifetime sitting with him talking sweet nothings away from the eyes of the world creating their own small little world. The knock on the door broke her trance as she got up to see who it was, as she opened the door Elena handed over the cups of coffee to her and went as Sonakshi closed the door. She picked up the cups and handed one to Dev while helping herself with the other one. Dev still did not speak a word as Sonakshi waited patiently, she could understand something was bothering him but decided to give him the time so that he could clear his thoughts before speaking.