PART 19 - HER INSECURITIES

Hola Everyone,

It's Tuesday and I am here with the next update. Thank you for your votes and comments. Means a lot.🙂🙂🙂
Without further ado, here is the next part of this story. Hope you like it :-

**************************

"MAIN TERE AUR SONAKSHI KE RISHTEY KE BAAREY MAIN BAAT KARNA CHAHTI THI" said Ishwari. As soon as Dev heard that his eyes widened in surprise, for a moment he thought that he had not heard it right as he asked "Kya, kya kaha tuney Maa?" he asked, confusion clearly etched in his voice as Ishwari spoke again "Main tere aur Sonakshi ke rishtey ke baarey main baat karna chahti hoon Dev" she said as it dawned on to Dev his mother was indeed talking about his relationship with Sonakshi.

"Kya baat karni hai tujhey Maa?" he asked hoping that this talk with his mother would help him take his relationship with Sonakshi forward. Ishwari was closely observing her son, somewhere she could understand that her son was still sceptical about speaking to her about his relationship Sonakshi, and she knew she had given him no reason to speak openly about it.

As Dev waited for his mother to speak Ishwari spoke "Sonakshi ne yahan kaam karna kyun chodda Dev?" she asked as Dev was left tongue-tied, somehow his mother was able to connect that Sonakshi leaving her job at Ishwari Niwas was directly related to his relationship with her. He kept quiet for he was not sure how to reply to her question. On one hand he wanted to answer her truthfully but then he was worried that the truth might hurt her.

Ishwari at once could understand the dilemma Dev was in as she observed his silence, she knew he was hesitating as a pang of sadness gnawed her heart. Why or rather how did they reach a point where they were not open or transparent with each other, why did the change happen? Was it because of Sonakshi or was it because of her insecurities or was it because of her son whom she felt was going away from her ever since Sonakshi came into their lives, she thought.

Seeing Dev quiet Ishwari spoke again "Bata naa Dev, Sonakshi ne yahan kaam karna kyun chodda?" she asked as Dev took a deep breathe, he needed to tell her the truth how much ever it might hurt her.

"Kyunki tujhey uska yahan kaam karna pasand nahi tha Maa" he said as Ishwari's heart pricked in agony, she had never expected life will throw her in such a situation where her son would hide things from her. But then could she blame him alone for even she was not truthful with him he had asked her about his relationship with Sonakshi.

"Lekin tujhey aisa kyun laga Dev? Tujhey aisa kyun laga ki main Sonakshi ke yahan kaam karney se naa khush hoon?" she asked as Dev replied "Tu bata Maa, kya sach main uskey yahan kaam karney se khush thi? Jab tujhey pata chala ki hum dono ek doosrey se pyar kartey hai kya tu khush thi Maa?" he asked leaving her tongue-tied, she knew could not hide it anymore from her son, now that she had decided to speak both needed to be transparent and truthful with each other.

Seeing his mother quiet Dev continued "Jab tu hospital main thi tab mujhey Doctor ne bataya tha ki teri tabiyat sirf galti se zyada neend ki goliyan khaney ki wajah se nahi balki koi pareshani hai jo tujhey andar se khaye jaa rahi aur phir Mamaji ne bhi mujhey bataya ki tu mere aur Sonakshi ke rishtey se khush nahi hai" he said as Ishwari was left speechless, her son knew about her unacceptance of his relationship.

Ishwari sat quietly as Dev said "Bata naa Maa, tu khush kyun nahi hai mere aur Sonakshi ke rishtey se? Wo toh teri acchi dost ban gayi thi, tujhey yaad hai kaisey Neha ki shaadi main usney kaisey usey manaya tha jab ki hum main se koi bhi usey samjha nahi paya" he said reminding her about the relationship she shared with her nutritionist as Dev continued "Toh phir achanak aisa kya hua ki tu usey apna nahi paa rahi hai Maa, mujhey bata Maa aisi kya baat hai ki tu humarey rishtey ko apna nahi paa rahi hai?" he asked as Ishwari was left tongue-tied, her son's questions were valid but was she ready to face them yet? Probably not.