Epilogue

It was already warm and the sun had barely risen. It was going to be a scorcher. That was the cycle, she thought, six months ago everyone was complaining about the cold and today it would be the heat. The beach was quiet and serene with only a few others about this early. Bethany was home for the summer at her own wonderful beach. Smiling to her neighbor as he ran past, she felt the sand between her toes as she set out for her walk. She had to force herself to keep walking, as a part of her wanted to turn around and run home. No longer her escape, her morning walks were not the same. Perhaps she should walk in the evenings when she was alone. Finally reaching the river she turned and walked back.

Spraying the sand off her feet before she entered the house she had a few minutes before she needed to get ready for work. she climbed back into bed and snuggled up against him. He stirred and turned over and smiled at her. "It's a wonder we ever see each other," he said, "You're up early and I'm out so late."

"We saw each other last night though," she said looking at her hand.

Oliver smiled and said, "Do you like it? It's not as big as your other one."

He was teasing and she said, "This is the only one that I ever wanted."

"Who are you going to tell first?" Oliver asked.

"Since your parents already know, I think I'll tell Lucas before he hears from someone else."

"You do know that he'll kill me on the court. He finally let up on me for being with you."

"Oh don't let him fool you. He's happy for us. Everything has turned out as it should."

"He's glad that you're happy," Oliver said.

"This is the happiest I've been since the summer we met."

Oliver looked at her face funny and smiled.

"What?"

"Somehow you managed to get a bit of glitter on your cheek." He wiped it off.

Bethany smiled remembering the snowflakes she had made. Was it really only six months ago when she was living with Lucas? Oliver kissed her and she knew this is what she wanted for the rest of her life.

I hope you enjoyed Beth and Oliver's story.  I'd love your feedback and votes.

Please scroll to see my other stories. A complete list is on my profile.  Follow me to know when I publish a new story.