Silent Understanding

Boom

Boom

Boom

Adeline shot up from the bathroom floor, her wary eyes suddenly alert as she glared suspiciously at the door. Loud banging had woken her up and she, being used to living in the wild for so long, was immidiately on high alert. Soundlessly, the young, still naked teenager stood up and moved towards the door. She grabbed a thick stick she found in the forest only a day earlier and pulled the door open, pressing the sharp point of the stick against the intruders throat as she hissed, baring her teeth in primal dismay. There stood Professor Severus Snape, a very displeased scowl on his face, his eyes hinted with a touch of panic as Adeline could easily slice his throat open to become a bloody mess. It took the girl a moment to force her primal instincts down, a possessive growl slipping out in warning as she lowered her weapon; He was not allowed to come inside. Snape cleared his throat and took but a second to recollect himself, his gaze darkening. ''Miss Adeline.'' He sneered sarcastically as if greeting her, scrunching his nose in disgust. Adeline simply rose a brow, folding her arms across her growing chest. In doing so, Snape finally realised that the student before him was naked. With a dark red blush, he took his wand from his sleeve and muttered an incantation, flicking it once. It took but a second to see Adeline's parts and body now covered in a silky black dress, and the girl's lips curved down in dismay. Oh how she hated these human clothes. She snarled to make her agitation clear, immidiately taking the black heels off. A content sigh slipped passed her plump lips as her bare feet touched the cold floor, her toes wiggling in delight when she blatantly dumped the shoes on the ground. Professor Snape pinched the bridge of his nose in exasperation, taking a moment to collect himself and not burst out in anger on this peculiar girl. After a few seconds, he glanced up and let his onyx eyes meet with her silvery-blue ones, puckering his lips some. ''I am here to take you to get a wand and school supplies, or have you forgotten already, incompetent girl?'' He sounded anything but friendly, yet Adeline chose to ignore his mood and favor her excitement of getting a wand of her own. With a broad smile, Adeline tucked a stray lock of her white hairs behind her ear and nodded, stepping through the portrait to have it close behind her. Yes, she was ready. ''I have been allowed the privilege of apparating in and out of the castle for the day.'' Professor Snape muttered sarcastically before he latched unto her wrist. Before Adeline could protest and panic, she had the sickening feeling of being twisted and turned through a tube.

Only seconds later had the feeling stopped and their scenery changed, but Adeline did not see. She whimpered loudly as she pulled her wrist free from her teachers grasp, backing up in the alley they had landed in. Professor Snape arched a brow at her behaviour and took a step closer, only to have little Adeline cower away and press her small frame in the shadows on the wall. ''Can you stop making a fool out of the both of us?'' He hissed, running one hand through his greasy black hair as he stared in the shadows intently. She seemed to be scared, as he had thought a feral child to be when coming here, but she seemed scared of... him. His touch. His onyx eyes widenend in realisation, short memories flashing before his eyes where Adeline dodged Albus's touch and Minerva's. She has Haphephobia, the fear of being touched or touching others. Nine out of ten times, the fear stems from traumatic experiences from ones past. A sad pool filled his ever dark eyes as these thoughts played in his mind, unaware of the small girl finally coming to stand before him. Her beautiful, silvery-blue eyes were gazing at the ground as she held her shaking hands at her side. Quiet, as per usual. Her Professor snapped from his train of thoughts and furrowed his eyebrows at the girl infront of him, having an internal battle as to what to do. It took effort and quite a few minutes, but Severus Snape knelt down on one knee to be on the girls height. She dodged his gaze, afraid he could read her like an open book if she showed her vulnerable expression at the moment. ''I get it.'' He murmured to both of their surprises, offering her a slight smile before he briskly stood up. Adeline knew that this was hard for him to do, and found that she was extremely grateful. She glanced at his hands tentatively, debating on holding one before she felt her throat constrict. Perhaps.. Perhaps some other time. She cleared her throat and took a deep breath, lifting her chin to hold her head up in pride. She was here to experience, to learn and to improve. And that is exactly what she was going to do here, in these busy streets called Diagon Alley. All she had to do, was avoid being touched. She could handle the rest, she was sure of it. 

Professor Snape smirked inwardly as he saw the girl bravely recollect herself from the corner of his eyes. A Peculiar, Brave Little Thing. ''A wand to begin with.'' He stated, taking off in a quick paced walk. He knew she would follow and so he did not bother to wait or call out to her, simply maneuvering a way through the crowd of witches and wizards that ran about. A wand was the most important thing they had to get. Albus and he had agreed that if their feral student found it to be impossible to remain calm with all these new things, then he would bring her back to Hogwarts within the blink of an eye. Yet the only thing, aside from a pet, that she had to really get herself, was a wand. So if after she got her wand she panicked, he would have no boundaries as to how to get her back to the school. As long as it was in one piece. With this, the student and teacher pair stood before Ollivander's Wand Shop, neither of them speaking as Adeline went inside first, once more surprising her teacher with her boldness. He stared through the window of the shop and saw her there, standing a little lost infront of an empty counter, studying the bell that sat on it. It was meant to be pushed, so the shopkeeper would know there was a customer and appear. But alas, Adeline had no clue what the device was, and refrained from touching it as she only eyed it cautiously. As if it were to jump up and attack her. Severus suppressed a snicker, amusement seeping in his onyx eyes as he decided to speed up the process of getting her what she needed, nudging the door open with his foot and slamming his hand down on the bell. Adeline jumped, clearly scared from the sudden noise. But her face was an emotionless mask, having quite expertly hidden the fact she was scared. If Snape hadn't seen the little scare-jump she did, he would have believed her act in an instant. Both a pair of silvery-blue eyes and a pair of onyx eyes glanced forwards simultaneously as a shadow appeared from the back, nearing them slowly. Ollivander.