Another Friendship

Days had soon turned into weeks as Adeline found her place amongst the ickle human students. Here and there she had bumped into trouble along the way, trouble in the form of a noisy blonde first year. Draco Malfoy. The little daddy's boy and his two goons had bullied Harry and Ron since their very first day. They always snapped at Adeline as well, but as soon as she moved a muscle to go to them, they'd run off. Ron had nicknamed her Fallen Angel, and for some reason the whole school now called her that. Now despite their troubles, Adeline did love her friends deeply, but she could not help the feeling that she was a third wheel. She was, after all, the only female friend in their nifty little group. So on one of the regular mornings at breakfast, Adeline decided to befriend Gryffindor's own know-it-all, Hermione Granger. It would be a nice change to have a female friend who enjoyed studying just as much as she did. But before she could put her plan in action, the doors to the Great Hall slammed open and Professor Squirrel, our skittish, stuttering DADA teacher, sprinted towards the teachers table. ''Troll!'' He exclaimed loudly, staring up at Headmaster Dumbledore with big eyes. ''T-troll in the Dungeons... J-just thought you should know--...'' He muttered under his breath. Adeline watched his eyes roll to the back of his head as he sank down to the floor. Unconcious. Her elven ears trembled lightly under her white locks of hair as she picked up his erratic heartbeat. Strange. When someone is rendered unconcious, their heartbeat slows considerably. The way his was slamming wildly against his chest made her wonder why he would play the part when its not true? Is he putting up a show with the other teachers? But Adeline got her answer in the form of Prefects guiding the students outside and to safety. It was truly not a show. From the corner of her eyes, Adeline saw the gloomy Severus Snape sneer, briskly grabbing his wand and disappearing through a door in the back. 

''Bloody hell, how'd you reckon a troll got inside the school?'' Ron questioned us, his skin a ghastly pale color. Harry shrugged, but he himself wasn't looking any better. ''Dumbledore will catch it, I'm sure.'' He stated that a few times, trying to convince his friends and himself that they were perfectly safe. Adeline rolled her silvery-blue eyes at their scared attitude, shuffling her feet to walk after her friends towards Gryffindor Tower. Now she could befriend Hermione, they had nothing to do but wait it out anyways. But as her eyes scanned over the students, Hermione could not be found. Her instincts told her that the human girl was in a girls lavatory near the Dungeon. The same Dungeon where a Troll ran free. Without a second thought, our little Adeline took off in a sprint down the hallways. She let go of her human pace and allowed her strong Elven muscles and bones to launch her through the Castle on all fours, feral growls leaking through her bared teeth. She zoomed past the Teachers and Dumbledore who were all on their way to the Dungeons as well. For a brief moment, her eyes connected with Snape's, but she paid it no mind as she made it to the bathroom before them. A loud scream pierced through her sensitive ears and she held her breath at the sight before her. Hermione just ducked from a stall to underneath a sink as the Troll's club swung down and destroyed the stall, spraying wood and stone all around it. The human girl's eyes flickered to Adeline, thick tears rolling down her cheeks. Adeline quickly tapped her bracelet and held her newly formed wand, aiming dirctly for the club. ''Wingardium Leviosa.'' She hissed out the spell, watching in satisfaction as the club levitated under her control. She swung her wand so the club mimicked the movements, hitting the Troll on the back of his skull. 

Hermione ran over to Adeline just in time as the Troll fell unconcious on the floor. She set the club to rest against the wall, pointing her wand at the thick veins in the Trolls throat. ''Sanguis Explosio!'' Her angelic and alluring voice spoke out, loud and clear this time, the sound immidiately soothing Hermione's nerves as she stared at the girl in awe. Professors Snape, McGonagall and Dumbledore all appeared in the doorway, shocked. But before they could utter a single word, Adeline's self-invented spell worked; The arteries and thick veins in the Trolls neck had been heated up by her spell, causing them to explode outwardly. Blood blasted from the explosion in the Trolls throat, coloring the walls and part of the floor red. Satisfied that the threat was eliminated, little Adeline lowered her wand and turned to Hermione with a reassuring smile. ''Oh my. Adeline! Granger! Explain yourselves!'' Professor McGonagall was the first to speak up, staring at the children rather than the bloody mess behind them. ''W-well, Y-you see...--'' Hermione's nervous voice cracked and she couldn't say anything else, tears once more gathering in her eyes. Feeling protective of the girl after the whole ordeal, Adeline leaned in and brushed her plump lips against the humans ear. ''Everything is over. You are okay.'' She whispered so only her new friend could hear. 

The angelic tone of her voice immidiately calmed Hermione down, and the Professors were shocked to see the girl suddenly so relaxed. No more tears in her eyes, and only a serene smile on her lips. Almost as if in a daze. Snape immidiately narrowed his onyx eyes, staring intently at the feral student. ''I heard people say I am a know-it-all and that's why I ran to the bathroom. But the troll attacked me and if Adeline hadn't come, it would have killed me! She used the Wingardium Leviosa charm to knock the Troll out with its own club, and then she said a spell I have never read about which made the blood veins and arteries boil and explode!'' Hermione explained quickly, gesturing wildly with her hands as she explained the works of Adeline's homemade spell. At this explanation, their eyes all trailed to the feral student, whom in turn stared impassively back. She was unimpressed. Hermione could have died because of the school's incompetence. ''Back to your Common Room then, Miss Granger. Miss Adeline, come with us please.'' Headmaster Dumbledore said softly, gesturing towards McGonagall to take care of the Troll's body. Hermione send Adeline a smile before she ran out of the bathroom. And I was left to trail after a very ominous Severus Snape, and a very calculating Albus Dumbledore. Just what is he up to?