Infected with Potter Luck

Sorry everyone for the long hiatus! A lot has been happening in my life and I barely have the time to write anymore. I got frustrated with it so I am forcing myself to make time and update my stories one by one whenever I can, I'm back lovelies ♥

No one could claim that Adeline wasn't prepared. She had read up on obscure spells in the restricted section, practiced wandless and wordless spellwork and had outsmarted the, admittedly easy, riddles that led her to her current predicament. She had prepared herself to face another monster, a horrible creature or perhaps a book with forbidden spells, or an object of immeasurable wealth. So when her small, pale hand pushed the door open and she stepped in, she figured she would be alright. After all, she came in 'locked and loaded' as she heard some of the muggleborns say. Instead, cold, red eyes stared her down from the back of a head and with a flick of a wand, the door closed behind her. Adeline shivered as she felt the newly placed wards activate on the door, knowing she wasn't experienced enough to unravel them in time to get away safely. ''Well, well, well. A ssstudent  has come to play. Who is this, Quirinus?'' 

A pang of guilt shot up in her body, curling uncomfortably in her stomach in a tight knot. Severus Snape, the foul mouthed man she had started to believe was the evil one, had been innocent. In fact, looking back with the information she now had, Snape seemed to have been the one trying to save Harry after all. She grimaced at that, not bothering to hide her expressions from the person in front of her. Or was people a more accurate word? ''T-that's Adeline, Master. W-we do not know much about her...'' The voice of Professor Quirrel stuttered out, his own face pale as she studied it in the reflection of the mirror he stood infront of, wringing his unrolled tulban in his hands. So Voldemort had been leeching off of her Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, biding his time to grow stronger. No... that didn't sound quite right. There are many magical communities in the world, all with their own branches of magic and legends about spells. This Dark Lord was here, specifically, for a reason. Something to help him regain strength. She knew nothing of the political agenda of the Dark side, aside from their single-minded 'muggles, bad' behaviour. Would he be affected by her voice? Keeping quiet seemed like something he would take as an insult, and glancing at the manic gleam in his ruby eyes, the man or what was left of him was far from sane. The only way she would manage to get out relatively unharmed, was to gain his interest. 

''It is an honor to meet you, my Lord.'' She spoke up after her swift deductions, taking a single step forwards before dipping down in a bow. She would not kneel, not even to save her life; True born Elves would never submit. She dared a risky glance through fluttering lashes, seeing Quirrel's eyes gain a dazed gloss. Satisfaction poured into her being at seeing the power of her voice tame the nervous man, before she shifted her gaze to the back of his head. The horrifying face of the Dark Lord had slacked, almost as if falling into the trance before his fierce eyes burned with a dogged determination she was almost scared to see. ''That issss interesting.'' The same cold voice hissed out, drawling out the 's'  as if tempted to slip into Parseltongue. It seemed that with Quirrel dazed, Voldemort had gained temporary, full control of the body and its limbs. He held the wand out towards her, gripped lightly between index finger and thumb as she had seen depicted in the drawings in one of her history books, clearly taking an offensive stance in case he needed it, yet still a lazy enough one to make clear just how far beneath him she was that he had nothing to fear nor use his full strength for. Adeline grit her teeth, reluctantly holding the respectful position she had taken after she spoke, trying to curb the urge to fling a blasting curse at his face for daring to assume she was below him.  She had to play this right and possibly reveal her Elven heritage, if only to keep him from killing her. ''Tell me, Adeline, why you are here? Why you are not begging me to let you go?''  The nasty smile that accompanied the velvet words was a clear message; I will know if you lie, and when you do, I will kill you.

Carefully, Adeline send a single strand of magic out towards the Dark Lord, just enough to briefly touch his and then withdraw immediately. She needed a taste of his magic, to find anything she could use to her advantage. To her surprise, a shock so big she barely managed to keep it from showing on her face, she felt his soul, or rather... lack thereof. It was fractured, horribly mangled and broken so many times that only the faintest hint of his being remained. Just barely enough to function should he regain a body of his own.  Was this the cause of his insanity? ''Your power terrifies me, my Lord, yet I wish nothing more than to witness the absolute destruction it can bring to the Ministry of Magic.'' She chose her words carefully, and then spoke them as calmly as she could, as if simply speaking of the pleasant weather. She kept her words as close to the truth as possible. The Ministry of Magic had condemned her people, her kind, and so the disgust she felt for them was real; perhaps real enough to convince the Dark Lord that she spoke the truth. There was a reason she choose those words, after all, instead of saying the world or country. '' I sssee. What use would a child be to my cause?'' This was it. The question she had hoped her heritage would be a blessing for. Slowly and deliberately, so he could see she was not about to do something stupid, Adeline reached up and brushed her white locks of hair behind her ears to expose their pointy forms. ''I am a True born Elf, my Lord. The last of my kind.'' 

Voldemort had clearly not expected the figurative 'bombshell' she just dropped on him, Adeline realised she might have spend too much time listening to the muggleborns speak, as he shot forwards and pressed Quirrel's wand under her chin, lifting her head so their gazes met fully for the first time. A horrible pain exploded in her head, making her groan as she refused to utter a single scream, her occlumency walls crumbling as the Dark Lord dove into her mind to find what he needed to know. Always one to think quick on her feet in case of danger, Adeline allowed the walls to crumble and pulled forwards the hazy memories she had of her parents, and the memories of her years growing up in the Forbidden Forest. She even threw in the memories of how the Headmaster and his personnel had taken her to Hogwarts, all so she could hide her memories of Harry and her private talk with the Headmaster, from his violent assault. He pulled back from her mind, and she couldn't quite stop the relieved sigh from slipping passed parted lips. She saw a smirk on the Dark Lord's face, he seemed almost... pleased. Perhaps he thought that if anyone had a right to owning rare things, because Adeline did not fool herself to think that she would be anything other than 'property' to him, it was the mighty Lord Voldemort. 

''You will be usssefull, little elfling. You are mine, now.'' She deferred to him immediately after she heard that, breaking away from his intense gaze to lower her head in a respectful bow, murmuring a soft 'my Lord' as she did so. She was alive, and relatively unharmed, the pounding headache already lessening as she thought her situation over. She would be drafted into his ranks, it seemed. That gave her the perfect position to experience the agenda, power and prowess of both the Light and the Dark side, allowing her a rare glimpse of whichever future she would choose.  Voldemort seemed somewhat obsessive the moment he found out about her heritage, which filled her heart with an uncomfortable amount of worry, to the point it ached. But she could not show any of these feelings on her face or body language, because the punishment would most likely be more severe than she could even imagine. Instead, she allowed a pleased smile to curl her lips; as if this was what she had been dreaming of since she was a small child. ''Now little elfling, let's tesssst your worth to me.'' He hissed out, pressing the tip of Quirrel's wand painfully hard into her jaw until she stood up, gesturing gracefully towards the mirror in the middle of the room.