Bellamy-16

The second the drop ship hit the Earth, utter chaos seemed to happen. Delinquents are running around, some half naked, while a group of kids go off to find Mt. Weather for food, leaving the rest of us slightly sane people with a curly-headed nitwit named Bellamy in charge, or at least he thinks.

My favorite thing to do when the chaos gets too much is just to walk away from the drop shop and sit underneath a shady tree, which is where I'm headed now.

I only got a few feet away from the drop ship when I heard someone talking in a low voice. It's not what I was expecting. Usually the delinquents don't try to keep their voices down.

My curiosity peaked and I peered through a low limb of a tree to see the Chancellor's son, Wells, leaned over two graves.

I'm aware that not everyone made it down to the Earth. Two boys got killed on impact, I just didn't know what happened to them after the doors opened.

Now I know.

Two dirt-filled mounds lay on the grassy green surface of the Earth that they never got to see. A stabbing feeling in my heart suddenly hit me.

I watched as Wells scooped up a pile of clothes and shoes that he must've got from the two dead boys. Before I really processed what I was doing, I had already left my safe place behind the tree.

Wells head snapped up to where I came from, his eyes a little wide. "Hey Wells." I swallowed, looking away from him to the two graves as I walked towards him. "I'm sure your ankle still hurts. Let me help."

He didn't protest as I walked forward and scooped some of the clothes out of his hands, but he sent me a small smile.

As we started to walk back towards the drop ship, I started to think about why everyone hated Wells so much. Sure, he was the Chancellor's kid, but no one can choose their parents.

"I don't blame you for what happened to me." I ran my tongue over my teeth, thinking. We were almost at the drop ship and soon we would break apart- me back to me trees, him to where ever a guy like Wells goes to. "I... I just wanted you to know that."

"Thank you, y/n." He sent me another small smile and I smiled back as we finally reached the drop ship.

Of course, good things don't last for long around here.

We only got a few feet into camp when Adam stepped out of the shadows wearing a sly smirk.

"What do we have here," he said, taking a shirt out of the small pile in my hands. He examined it a little, turning it around in his hands.

"Give it back," Wells spoke up before I could even open my mouth.

That's when Bellamy arrived.

Like the God he thinks he is, he came walking out of his tent with a shirtless girl clinging to his sweaty body. Everyone stopped fussing in time to see him peck the girl on the lips, the sunlight shining off his body like he planned it all out. He turned his head towards Wells and I after the girl left, his eyes roaming over the clothes in our hands and the one shirt in Adam's.

"You still don't get it, do you Chancellor?" He walked forward, a smirk on his face.

Without taking his eyes off Wells, he took another shirt out of my pile. I let out a huff of annoyance as some of the other clothes in my hands fell to the ground.

"Give that back, Bellamy," Wells growled out. He limped forward a little, coming to stand by my side.

"You want it back, take it."

I cocked my head to the side a little, then dropped all of the clothes in my hands. Finally Bellamy's eyes left Wells and seemed to notice me for the first time.

I started towards Bellamy, but Wells made a move to hold me back. His hand grasps my wrist, but I pull it out before he can stop me.

Using every ounce of energy I still have, I leap forward and tackle Bellamy to the ground. His head bounces off the hard dirt beneath us and he lets out a gruff yelp. My hands lay on his bare, sweaty chest and I quickly make a grab for the shirt. With him occupied, I can grab it without him making a fuss over it.

I stand up, smirking, and eye Bellamy whose slowly recovering from his tackle. He props himself up on his elbows, his curly hair falling a little into his eyes, but he doesn't say anything.

My smirk falls from my face as I see Adam still holding onto the other shirt. I walk over there and rip it out of his hands, him not moving, and go back to my pile to pick it all up. Without looking back, I walk off with the clothes in my hands, Wells trailing behind me.

Every since that day, when he watched me sashay away from him, Bellamy hasn't been able to leave me alone.

~~~~~

I feel like I haven't written one of these in ages.

Oh and if anyone has seen the new Maze Runner movie, I'm still crying over it. And Thomas Brodie-Sangster is so hot... just saying.