Chapter 1

Sabine's P.O.V

   "Sabine! Hurry up or you'll be late!" I heard mom call.

   "Coming!" I replied shortly after before running out of my room. While running, I tried to put my book bag on my back and not fall flat on my face when going down the stairs.

I made it to the kitchen where mom was making breakfast.

"There you are," she said. Then asked, "What was taking so long?"

"I may or may not have forgotten to do my homework," I said, sheepishly. She rolled her eyes and smirked while handing me a bowl of my favorite cereal. Chopper scampered into the kitchen and over to mom.

   She smiled and knelt down to soon come back up with Chop in her arms.

   "You know..." I began, with my mouth full. Mom gave me a look and I soon swallowed then continued.

   "If Chopper was a pig, I would call him Pork Chop," I joked. For a split second, mom's lips twitched but Chopper, as grumpy as always, growls at me. Don't get me wrong, he's very smart and can understand what I say. He's also very old but still has the same energy as a puppy.

   "Hurry up but don't choke. I don't need you to be late for the bus...again," mom told me.

   "Yes ma'am," I saluted then raced over to the front door. I put my shoes on and opened the door to see the bus start to move.

   Shoot!

   "Wait!" I yelled and ran after the bus in an attempt to stop the driver. Yet, the bus kept going.

"Hey! Stop the bus!" I ordered, getting frustrated. A window rolled down and for a second, I thought it was going to be my best friend, Ketsu but it was far, far worse.

"Enjoying your run, nerd?" Ezra Jarrus asked, a huge smirk encased on his face.

"Can you tell the driver to stop the bus?" I pleaded.

"Sure," he said. I knew better and the knowing smile that was still on his face gave it away.

"I'll tell the driver to stop when we get to the school."

I wanted to argue against the idea but he said 'tootles' and disappeared back into the bus, rolling the window back up. For the love of all things holy! That jerk! Why?

All those years ago, I thought we would be passed our differences. I was wrong when he started to bully me.

I came to a sudden stop when colliding into something hard. I landed on my behind and found that a shadow was casted over me. I gulped and looked up to see a tall and buff man. Did I mention that he was very tall and buff? He looked like he could be a motorcycle gang member.

He stared down making me feel smaller under his eyes.

"Uh...s-sorry, sir. I was just...trying...to..." I stopped when he knelt down and our faces were close.

"Next time," he began, gruffly, "Watch where you're going." The guy straightened back up and kept walking down the sidewalk. After feeling that he was comfortably far enough away, I gathered my bag and took a short cut to the other bus stop. Hopefully, I can get there before the bus.

   My short cut included, jumping fences, invading property, and mad-dashing from a dog on a long chain. It was all worth it when seeing the bus stop ahead with my other friend, Wedge standing next to it.

   While heaving for air, I walked up to him. Wedge looked over at me and rolled his eyes with a grin on his face.

   "Let me guess, you were late for the bus...again," he mocked. This time, I rolled my eyes then said, "Something like that." He snorted and shook his head as the bus pulled up to us. The door opened to reveal our bus driver, Old Man Obi-Wan Kenobi.