Chapter 12

Alright, I'm going to stop harassing you all with the weird pictures lol 😂

////////////////////////////////////////////

Sabine's P.O.V

I barely got any sleep last night from the events a day ago. Whoever that was was still out there. Is it a coincidence that I almost got ran over by a car and shot through the window all in the same week?

   A yawn escaped my lips as I opened my locker. I still have yet to find Ketsu and talk with her. I keep hearing whispers and eyes watch me walk down the hall like I hadn't noticed. Something big was going on.

   I had an as normal life as I'll ever get then everything changes once mom starts dating Kanan. The close calls and now this. Things couldn't possibly get worse.

   "Sabine!" I turned to see Wedge marching over to me angrily. I raised an eyebrow, confused. What's his deal?

   "Are you okay?" I asked, concern.

   "Why didn't you tell me? I thought you both were my friends!" He snapped, hurt showing on his face. I was taken back by what he said. Did it have to do with the news that's been going around?

   "Wedge, I have no idea what you are talking about," I spoke, honestly. He kept glaring at me until finally calming down with a sigh.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped like that," Wedge apologized.

"What's going on? Ketsu said she was going to tell me but I have yet to see her," I explained, worried for my best friend. She hasn't replied to any of my texts the whole weekend and now she is nowhere at school.

   "Well...if she wants to tell you face to face and not text you what happened, then I better let her spill the beans," Wedge said.

   "I just hope no one comes up and tells you about it."

   If it really was important to Ketsu, then I want to hear it come out of her mouth. Not someone else who doesn't have any business telling me ab the rumor or gossip of the school. This drama was between me and my best friend. The rest of the school can just back off until I'm told what I needed to be told from her.

I shut my locker and gathered my things before heading to my first class with heavy eyes desperate for sleep. I walked into the room and the talking became whispers, glancing at me like I was from a different world. This was going to be a long day with it's just going to be like this when I walk into every room.

"Can you at least pretend to be civil about this instead of talking like I'm not in the room?" I snapped. I was not in the mood or have the energy for this. I'm tired, scared, and nervous. They were not helping. I don't even know why I even returned to school today when I felt so sick.

There were some wide eyes and guilty looks sent my way while others laughed and joked. Rolling my eyes, I settled my head on the desk and hid my face in my arms. It wasn't comfortable but I could still fall asleep like this.

   Rid my mind of the world, people and problems all around. Get some sleep without needing to stay up worrying if a bullet plows through my mother's window. Placed under siege as it crushes me into smithereens. What the worst part is though...this was only the beginning to something bad, really bad.

   Everything has changed since Kanan and mom had Ezra and I go out to eat.

   "Miss Syndulla," I sharpe voice spoke, cutting my thoughts off. Lifting my head, my brown eyes met with cold, piercing yellowish ones glared back. She pointed at the door with her long finger nails that could be mistaken for claws. Other hand placed on her hip with a ruler clenched in it.