Chapter 7

Sabine's P.O.V

I quickly left the house once seeing Kanan pulling into the driveway. Ezra was bound to be in the car too, probably forced to come. I didn't want to deal with him. So I told mom that I was going to the park but before she could say another word, I shut the door.

Now, I'm walking down the sidewalk towards the park with a basketball in hand. I grabbed my phone and scrolled down the list of contacts. Maybe I could convince Ketsu to come once she's done with her-

I stopped my thumb from pressing Ketsu's number. Oh, wait. She's in detention.

I stared down at the funny profile picture of my friend before sighing and retracting my thumb. I wasn't paying attention to anything in front of me when someone yelled at me. I shot my head up to see a car coming right at me.

I froze, unable to move out of the way. The car didn't honk or even try to slow down as it came closer and closer. A split second later, something pushed me out of the way. The last thing I remember was lying on the other side of the road with another body next to me.

I breathed heavily, trying to calm my racing heart. That was close. To close. I felt myself tremble while sitting up slowly and groaned as my head began to pound. A different groan erupted not to far. I turned my head to see...motorcycle gang member guy?

He sat up as well and looked over at me with acid green eyes.

"You okay, kid?" He asked gruffly, rubbing the back of his head. For a moment, I wasn't sure if I was even able to reply. I mean, I was almost hit by a car that probably had no intention on slowing down. Though there was a stop sign and the speed limit is 25. Then he didn't even stop to see if we were okay.

Either that guy was drunk or...he really was intentionally trying to murder me. I gulped at the very thought and realized that I still had yet to answer the man's question.

   "A little shocked and a scrape but I'll live," I reassured him. Then genuinely spoke, "Thank you, for saving me."

   Motorcycle guy proudly grinned and gently patted my shoulder. He stood up and offered his hand. I gratefully grasped it with my own and was pulled up to my feet.

   He walked around me and said, "Stay safe, kid!"

   I scurried off the road and watched him leave. After he was out of my sight, I made a bee line for the park while keeping an eye out for anything else that may pop out. I wasn't going to take a chance to look at my phone unless someone texted or when I got back home.

That's when I realized that something was missing. The basketball. To my luck, it was in a bush near where I fell. Picking it up, I traveled towards the park again.

I was playing basketball by myself since there wasn't anyone to play with. It was really boring shooting baskets by myself and was about to just leave. Hopefully, Ezra isn't there when I get back. I made one more attempt to shoot a basket when it hit the rim and bounced off over my head.

Sighing, I turned to see Ketsu holding the ball with a smirk indented on her face.

"Want to make a deal?" She joked. I replied with a smile, arguing, "Hold up, I still have to make up one."

"Am I hearing...fear? It almost sounds like you're scared to face me," she said, playfully.

"I never said I wasn't accepting," I challenged. Then asked, "What do you have in mind?"

   "How close is our friendship?" she asked. I raised an eyebrow and feeling like this wasn't going to end well. Still, I placed my hand on Ketsu's shoulder and said as serious as possible.

   "You are like my psychotic, spirit animal friend. I rely on you with many things especially when it comes to Geomecry."

   "Good..." she paused for a moment to think.

   "...well, you're not going to like it."

   I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. My thoughts wandered to what her side of the deal was. If she says it's bad, then it's going to be bad. No doubt about it.

   "It can't be that bad," I said, not sure who I was trying to reassure. She gave me a weird look like someone just got punched where the sun doesn't shine.

   "Okay, then I'm going to use my deal if it isn't a problem," she said. The good news is, I can finally pay my debt. The bad news is, I'm not going to like this.

   "Like you said, I'm good at Geometry but you're better at English than me..." she explained. My raised eyebrow grew more, if possible. Where was this going?

   She sighed and smiled nervously, "I need you to teach someone. I can't English."

    "Who?" I asked.

   "...Ezra..." she spoke, quietly. My eyes widened when hearing that one name. Forget about "not liking," the right word for this is "hating." Of course, out of all the people in the world, it was Ezra Jarrus. I groaned but bitterly agreed to her terms. I am a woman of my word. A deal is a deal. Even if it means teaching my bully some English.

   "So, anything exciting happen while I was gone?" Ketsu asked, moving to a different topic. Which I was glad for.

   "Oh, you know. The usual," I shrugged and listed, "Running out of the house when Ezra's dad pulled into my driveway...about to text you but forgot you had detention...almost getting run over by a car...saved by a guy that is possibly in a gang of motorcycle dudes... shooting hoops."

   Ketsu gave me a look that needed me to explain.

   "I'll explain what happened if you tell me why you need me to tutor my sworn enemy and shoot some hoops," I offered.

   "Deal," She accepted, nodding.

   "Also, I renounce you from being my spirit animal," I added.

   She put of a fake hurt look, saying, "Meow-ch. I could feel your claws digging into my very soul."

   We both laughed and played some basketball.

////////////////////////////////////////////

   Stay tuned and adios!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁