Chapter 8

Ezra's P.O.V

Detention finally ended.

I sighed in relief and waited outside the school with my book bag on my back. Sure, I'm safe now but when dad's car pulls up...there will be punishment. Normal parents would punish kids by sitting in a corner or do chores or run an errand. Something simple and painless.

That's not how my punishments go. Yet, maybe it will be different this time since he's being more...reasonable nowadays. Acting more like himself and not like the drunk monster that sees no mercy.

The car pulls up and the window rolls down. I gulped and walked up to the car. He had a look of disappointment on his face which immediately made me look in a different direction. I soon was standing in front of the car door and looking everywhere else but my father's eyes.

   The sound of a sigh escaped from inside the car.

   "Get in. I'm very disappointed in you, Ez and I want a full explanation on why you got your first detention," he said. I silently nodded while getting into the car. I buckled up as he drove onto the road.

   "Explain," He ordered, almost demandingly. He was mad but at least he wasn't ticked off in a drunk state of mind. That would be a lot worse.

"One minute, I'm just talking with Zare, then the next, I'm being tripped and handed a detention slip," I explained.

"Did you say something?" He questioned. I began to recall today's earlier events.

The bell rang as Zare and I packed our things. The teacher didn't seem to pleased about it.

"I wonder what's up with him today?" Zare wondered. I followed my friend to the door.

"You mean what's down with him every single day that we see him?" I corrected, jokingly. He nodded then I fell to the ground when something tripped me.

I couldn't think of anything that would require me to get a detention. Mister Five had no reason. Yet, here I am, after detention in the car, trying to think why I got one in the first place.

"I was just joking around with Zare but it gave him no right to give me a detention," I tried to explain.

"Then you won't mind repeating your conversation to me," he said.

"Zare was wondering why the teacher was more ticked off than usual. Then I basically said 'what's down with him.' Zare agreed then Mister Five tripped me, giving me a detention, right after," I explained, again. Dad stayed silent for a moment in thought. He sighed then began to drive out of the parking lot and to the road.

Sabine's P.O.V

Ketsu and I split a few minutes ago. She still had some homework to do considering she tutored Jarrus most of the time in detention. She also explained why I had to tutor him before parting ways.

   My fingers were crossed and hoped that both Jarrus's wouldn't be at my house. I don't think they would since Ezra had detention but...you never know.

My prayers were answered when seeing an empty driveway. Bless the Lord, Hallelujah! I ran up to the front door and opened it.

   "I'm home!" I called out, shutting the door.

   Mom looked up from the TV and gave me a look of disapproval. I raised an eyebrow.

   "Why don't you be a little louder? I think your Aunt Sophie might just call and ask what all the ruckus is about," mom said, glaring at me softly. I laughed a little.

   My Aunt Sophie is temporarily living on the other side of the world. Mom doesn't talk about her much unless it was a joke. I rolled my eyes but apologized and sat down next to her.

   "Ezra is coming over tomorrow so I need you to behave," mom told me, clicking the TV off.

   "What?!" I shouted, getting a stern glare from her.

   "Why?"

   "His dad is going on an all day trip for work tomorrow and Ezra was going to be by himself. So we thought you two could bond by inviting him over here," she explained before setting off to her own room. My eyes followed her with disbelief until disappearing around the corner.

What...the...heck!

   I groaned and slouched on the couch. Jarrus is coming to my house. FREAKING JARRUS IS COMING TO MY SANCTUARY. MY SAFE HAVEN FROM THE EVILS OF THE WORLD! Now all of Pandora's box is coming to haunt me for a whole day!

I grumpily got to my feet and went to bed. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Very long.

*The next day*

There was a knock on the door downstairs. I had no intentions on getting up unless it was to lock the door.

"Sabine! Can you get the door?" Mom called from down stairs. I groaned and rolled out of bed. Trudging out of the safety of my room and to the front door, I kept muttering to myself. I put on a facade before opening the door and smiling at Kanan, completely ignoring Ezra.

"Hey," I said, moving out of the way and begrudgingly allowed them to enter. I think I'm going to puke once seeing the evil smile on Ezra's face.

"It's good to see you since I didn't last night," he said.

"But now that Ezra can stay for the day you both can bond and work on homework together."

Well, I am technically the other half of his tutoring now. Why did I agree on the deal with Ketsu? Curse my cockiness of thinking I'm going to win at basketball and making deals that I can never break!

"Look at the time, I need to go," Kanan said, then told Ezra, "You, behave."

I snorted a little as the idiot walked into the house and Kanan walked towards his car. I shut the door and leaned up against the wall.

"I heard you need some help with homework that you're struggling with," I spoke first. This was not the time for him to be a huge jerk since I still feel like a pile of trash right now.

"English is a hard subject," he said, crossing his arms.

"Look, I don't mind helping you with the homework but our parent's dating is the last thing I want to think about. Especially at this time this morning," I replied

"The feeling is mutual...unless...I don't know...we team up," he said, a devious smile forming. I raised an eyebrow.

"What are you planning, Jarrus? I want no involvement with what you're going to do," I said, sternly.

"All's I'm asking for is an agreement. We both hate each other's guts and the thought of becoming more than just...you know..." he explained. I blinked still not seeing the point.

"So what if we do something about it. Say, work together to break them up."

My eyes widen and shocked myself for even suggesting the idea. It was outright selfish and despicable but...do I really want to be family with Jarrus? My mom is happy with Kanan. I'm not happy with Ezra. More and more pros and cons ran through my mind until it was made.

I sighed and utterly would regret this later.

"I'm listening."

////////////////////////////////////////////

Stay tuned and adios!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁