Chapter 2

Haddonfield, Illinois, 2018

October 19th

"My family turns into a nutcase this time of year" Allyson spoke, her long hair blew in the waves of wind that gusted across the closed streets of Haddonfield, Halloween decorations were already being set up across the town. The town that celebrated Halloween, even when it shouldn't due to its dark history. "Can you believe it? All I want is to go out and spend time with my friends, but I can't" she said, a small chuckle escaping her lips.

"I mean your grandmother is Laurie Strode. She was almost murdered", Vicky spoke, glancing at Allyson and Dave.

Dave spoke up; "wasn't it her brother, who murdered all those babysitters?"

Allyson smirked and looked down. "No. It was not her brother, that's something that people made up after the murders" she replied casually.

"What does your mum think?" asked Dave, looking over at her.

They were walking along the street, school had just gotten out and they were headed back to Dave's house. Allyson looked over to the left at the carved up jack-o-lantern next to the pathway leading up to the front door of a large double storied house. Outside was Mrs. Baxter, Vicky lifted her hand and waved to her. Vicky was set to babysit her son on Halloween night.

"She thinks it's stupid. I guess she is still mad at her for how she raised her" said Allyson as they turned the corner. "Can you blame her though?"

The two shrugged.

"Bars on windows, curfews every night. No sleepovers. No nothing" Allyson said, a hint of anger present in her voice. "Jesus, it drives me mad just thinking about it" she added.

Vicky smiled softly. "Don't let it worry you, Hun. Come on let's get going. We have to plan the dance".

"Even though-"

"Though you can't come, I know. But we are going to work on that, okay?" Vicky added, smiling brightly at her while taking Dave's hand in hers. "We will be partying this Halloween!", they all laughed and continued walking.

Across town, in a small remote property located off Old Miller Road was a house, barred windows, reinforced doors and security cameras littered the structure. Vines climbed the walls, dirt slept within the cracks of the wooden decking outside. Dried, dead leafs carpeted the ground. Around the property was a large fence, barbed wires hugged the top. A large automated gate was at the end of the dirt road; a white security camera was looking down at the gate when the black sedan pulled up.

As expected, the gate unlatched and slid across, allowing the car to enter the property. It was a black BMW four door, slick and sharp. The cameras watched it glide across the property, a cloud of dirt trailing behind it. From the safety of the house, the grey haired women watched it approach. It parked near the front steps and shut off.

As they climbed from the car, she walked across the house to the front door and opened it. They were at the steps smiling at her. She smiled back.

"Laurie Strode?" The younger lady asked, her brown hair pulled back in a bun. She smiled, her English accent was strong and thick as she spoke to Laurie. Laurie looked between the two, her eyes never leaving them. "I'm Dana, and this is Aaron" he nodded as he was going through his bag. He was preparing the appropriate identification for her. "May we?" She asked, looking over at Aaron as he passed the ID to her.

She checked them both, then looked at their faces and gestured for them to come in.

"Did you find the place alright?" Laurie asked, turning and looking at them as they followed her across the small hallway. "Bit difficult, I know".