Chapter 3

Smith's Grove Sanatorium

October 28th, 2018

"Are you ready?" Dana asked, looking up at Aaron with a smile. Aaron nodded down at her, a smile on his face as they readied the recording gear. "Let's go", they began walking down the hallway, their eyes never leaving the doctor in front of them as they moved. Dana held the microphone up his mouth.

"We are here to investigate a patient who killed three innocent teenagers on Halloween in 1978" he began, the door opened and they followed the doctor into the maximum security ward, their eyes scanned the room. "We was shot by his own psychiatrist and taken into custody that night and since spent the last forty years in captivity".

They shut off the device when the doctor turned to them. "As you're aware, we can't allow any electronics on until we reach the next check point. So, please" he gestured to them and they nodded and shut the equipment down and put it away while they walked through the long hallways.

The courtyard was full of patients, all chained to heavy cinderblocks they were separated with hardly any room to move. Red and white squares littered the ground, each inmate was within a yellow lined wall. As the three of them left the building and walked across the courtyard, they looked around at all the others. To their left was an elderly man, confined to a wheel chair and watching them with a serious look. On their right was another, he stood tall with his hands closed up at his chest. He was tugging on the chains and playfully jumping up and down while laughing hysterically.

"There he is" pointed Doctor Frasier Wynn.

Standing silently and completely still was a grey haired man, he was standing with his head tilted downwards and his arms in front of him. His chains were hanging low and hooked in a large block on the ground.

Aaron exhaled. "Hello, Michael".

Dana was recording once again.

Michael didn't move.

"I have something here you might like to see" he said as he reached in and pulled out the mask. At once, the courtyard roared to life. Inmates began screaming, laughing and lashing against their chains in an attempt to get free. The guard dogs were barking, pulling against their leads as the mask was shown to Michael. Dana looked around the yard, her eyes wide with panic as Aaron simply stood there holding the mask out to him. Michael turned, his eyes locking onto the mask. His left eye was curled inwards; the eyeball had been removed years ago from the damage sustained from Laurie Strode herself. "Do you remember Laurie Strode?" Aaron asked loudly.

Michael's hands curled inwards, his hands clenching tightly into fists. Yet he didn't budge, he stood there looking at them before turning away again and looking at the ground.

"She remembers you" he yelled.

"Please, don't force it" Doctor Wynn instructed quietly.

Aaron nodded and turned back to Michael. "Michael, we want you to talk to Laurie Strode. We want you to sit down with her and talk to her. Can you do that?"

No response.

"I'm sorry, but he hasn't spoken a word in 55 years" Wynn commented.

"She wants to talk with you. We understand you're being transferred from here tomorrow evening" he said. "We want to know why you decided to kill all those people. Why did you decide to kill your sister, Michael?"

No response.

"Michael? Michael, please" he said softly.

Dana sighed and lowered her head. "Aaron, c'mon this is useless" she said. "He isn't going to talk. Let's just go back to Haddonfield".