Family

Pssshhhhh.....

Rain was dripping on the umbrella as I stood in the gloomy graveyard.

"Rin... you're going to catch a cold, if you stay out here longer.." Archer's voice rang in her head, he was in his spirit form.

I rub my eyes, rubbing the silly tears away. "Just give me a second..."

I pat the roses on the gravestone and bowed three times. "Everything's good.... I'm in the grail war now... I didn't get a Saber class servant this time... but I guess Archer is fine.."

I could hear Archer snort.

But I ignore him and sighed "Anyways... I need to go... I'll see you next year..." as I walk back, I turn around.

"Bye... Dad..."

The chatter of students filled the school. And after the lunch bell, I walked up to the rooftop and stared at the view of the courtyard.

My eyes were caught on a violet haired girl who was in an archer uniform.

Sakura aimed at the bullseye and  shot.

I sighed, after a while her stomach started to rumble. "Aw man!! I forgot my lunch!!"

I lean against the wall and landed on my butt. Just then Archer appeared out of spirit form with a brown bag in her hand.

"You forgot your lunch..."
"I know..."

I stand up taking the lunch out of his hands. "Why are you here... other people will notice you.."

Archer looks around. "There isn't anyone here... plus you looked hungry. My master can't just starve.."

I take out a sandwich and bite into it not responding to him as I continue to watch Sakura.

He leans his back on the fence next to me and follows my gaze. "Who is that?"

"None of your business..."
"Then 'None of your business' seems to be really important if you keep staring at her.."

I huffed looking back at him. "Sakura Matou... She's.. my sister.." I replied, saying the 'sister' part in a whisper.

Archer's eyes widened "Your sister? Wait... why doesn't she live with you?"

"In my family only one child can take over the Tohsaka family and be a mage... that meant my father had to give Sakura to the Matou family..." I sighed "I don't even think she still remembers me..."

Archer sighs "I see.... so that means.."

"She's in the same family as Shinji.. I feel so bad for her..." I sit down turning away from the view as Archer still stands. 

I take another bite into my sandwich. "But I shouldn't be worried about her... I need to find out who's the other master..."

"Wasn't it that orange haired idiot?"
"Uh... you mean Shirou?"
"That's exactly what I said..."

I shook my head, rolling my eyes, I still didn't get why he hated Emiya. "This master's presence is much more powerful.... as if it's from another mage family..."

"Mage families?"

I nod "There are 3 common ones Tohsaka, Einzbern's and..."

My eyes widened "Matou..." I sit up "You think Sakura is in the grail war!!"

Archer shrugs "I'm not worried about the master but the servant I fight, so that's your problem.."

I ignore him "I'm serious!!"
"Me too.."

"I can't kill my own sister!! How-" my words stop when a warm hand touches my shoulder.

"Well well... This isn't the master I know who's a worry little child...." he sighs "You don't know for sure... so you shouldn't worry about it now.."

I calm down resting my hands on my lap. "Yeah... I guess... anyways you can go home, I'll come home after school.."

Archer nods then disappears from the rooftops.

I hold my necklace close to my chest.

"Sakura..."

Brrrriinnnnngggg!!!!!
The bell rings signaling that class ended. I grab my books and shove them into my bag then slung it over my shoulder.

"Tohsaka~"

A sly voice came through the hallway, I looked out to see Shinji leaning against a wall.

"For the last time Shinji, I don't like you... now can you go away... I have to go home..." I replied walking down the stairs.

The blue haired idiot caught my arm "C'mon let's just talk!!"

"I said I have to go home!!"
"Oh? But I just wanted to talk with you about the so called grail war.."

I hesitated "I have no idea what you're talking about..."

He chuckles "Oh c'mon Rin... I know that Tohsakas always participate in the holy grail war and so do the Matous!!"

My eyes widened. "Are you saying you're one of the masters?"

He nods "Yes I am!!"

I sighed in relief "Oh thank god!! That means Sakura isn't a master right!!"

"Tch!! That annoying piece of trash,  please~ someone like her couldn't survive for a second!!"

I scold at him, "You better watch your next words, or they may be your last.."

Shinji laughs "All I wanted to do was to ask you something..."

I sighed "Then hurry up and spit it out  what is it?"

He puts a hand out with a wicked smile plastered on his face. "Form an alliance with me!!"

I take a step back "Y-You?"

"Yes!! Together we can be an unstoppable team!! We can win the trail together!!" Then he puts a hand on my back. "Or we can be something more.."

I slap his hand away and let my magical circuits spark in power, as heat started to roar in my hand. I held it up to him aiming it like a gun.

"First you annoy me many times, then you make fun of my sister and now you harass me!!" I say as he steps back horrified.

"More of the reason why I shouldn't make an alliance with you.." I said putting my hand down as I turned back on him. "Not only that, I'm already in a alliance with someone..."

"Nani? Who!!"
"Shirou!! And he's the best!!"

The blue haired laughed "Emiya!! You aren't serious right? That boy is so foolish with his 'kindness'"

I scold back at him making him flinch in fear "At least he's better than you.."

"DAMN YOU TOHSAKA!! I'll!! I'll make you regret not working with me!!" He said swinging his fist in the air like a child.

I rolled my eyes, already walking down the stairs "Whatever..."