~4~

REBECCA P.O.V

I drove home in silence, thinking about what I had just done. It obviously wasn't a first for me, I am constantly hurting people's feelings in an attempt to conceal mine, but this time, it was different.

I would always just hurt people then walk away, not being affected in the slightest, but with him, I feel this feeling I'm the deepest pit of my stomach, telling me I shouldn't have done that.

Do I feel... compassion?

No. No way. I am the heartless bitch that walks the streets with no particular purpose. I lost the ability of having emotions years ago.

But why can't I get this stupid boy out of my head?

-

I walked in the door and slammed my keys onto the counter, then walked upstairs.

It really bothers me that this damn boy won't leave my brain; I have never felt regret in my entire life.

But then again, I have not had emotions for years, so I do not really know how to tell them apart. Was I actually feeling regret or something else?

I sighed angrily, busting into my room and taking off my heels, then slamming myself into the pillow, not bothering to change. Maybe sleep will get my mind off this human?

It's the alcohol. It has to be. I won't suddenly feel so strongly for a human that probably can't stand to look at my face.

I am sober, though.

I dug my head into my pillow, refusing to let this subject bother me more than it already has, and shut my eyes, attempting to get some sleep.

Occasionally, he would enter my mind again, but I would always push him away, until my brain finally shut off, reluctantly allowing me to rest.

-

I wake up the next morning, and grunting and glancing at my clock.

12:04 PM

I thought I was late for school, but then I remembered I got suspended.

Honestly, I don't know why people hate suspensions so much.

I attempted to get out of bed, but then this gargantuan pain shot through my head, instantly making me slam my head back onto my pillow, which only made the pain worst.

"Shit!" I yelled, putting my head in between my palms, squeezing my eyes shut.

What happened yesterday?

Then the memories which I never thought would come back flooded my brain.

The drinking, the hot, sweaty bodies dancing, Grayson, the bedroom, my rape attempt, and...

Ethan.

A little flutter of joy erupted from the pit of my stomach, which confused the hell out of me, but then I remembered.

I pushed Ethan away. He probably hates me now.

I wanted to slap myself on the back of my head, tell myself that I am a horrible person.

How can this human make me feel this way?

-

I spent the next 2 days drinking my problems away, trying to get my mind off of Ethan. None of it worked.

-

2 DAYS LATER

I grunted while I shut off my alarm clock. I have to get to school again.

I quickly jumped out of bed, wanting to get this over with, and simply brushed through my hair a few times, and threw on a plain, tight black shirt and some white ripped jeans.

I walked out the door, not bothering with makeup, and grabbed my home and car keys and was about to step out of the door when I glanced at my phone.

7:36 AM

Hm, I had enough time for breakfast.

I walked into my kitchen and opened the fridge, grabbing two eggs and a few strips of bacon. You would think I can burn a house down, but I am actually pretty good at cooking. I used to always watch my mum whilst she made dinner, and stare in awe at how the stove produced fire, and that heat, when paired with the right foods and spices, could make delicacies. The thought of my mum again brought tears to my eyes.

I pushed her out of my head and and threw a slab of butter into the pan, and carefully laid the strips of bacon onto it, after the butter had fully melted.

Grabbing another pan, I cracked the eggs into a bowl while I waited for the bacon to cook.

I added two slabs of butter into the eggs, then put the pan onto the heat and waited for it to heat up while I flipped over the bacon after it had shrunk.

By the time I done that, the pan was hot enough for the eggs. I poured the egg mixture into the pan, listening to the satisfying sizzle, and sprinkled some salt and pepper onto the soon-to-be omelette. While waiting for that to cook, I turned off the heat from the bacon and laid it into a plate, sprinkling some more salt and pepper on it. I flipped the eggs, and quickly grabbed a tomato, cutting in half and grilling in the bacon grease.

I laid the eggs next to the bacon then took the tomatoes off the heat, putting them on the eggs.

I washed my hands and threw the pans into the sink, getting ready to dig into my breakfast. I was feeling pretty proud of myself.

A/N: This turned into a cooking show, I apologize.

-

I parked my car outside of the damned building that most people call school, and made my way into first period, which happened to be with Ethan. I felt a little happiness at the thought of seeing him again, but quickly went back to my badass mask.

I busted into the classroom, ignoring the stares from the students, and made my way to my seat, ignoring the teacher.

"Excuse me, Rebecca, would you care to tell me why you are late?"

"Oh, me?  I thought you would've been used to it by now," I reply, sitting cross-legged on my desk.

"Please get out of my classroom, you are late," he said, sternly.

"Nah, I'm lazy," I shrug.

The class erupts into laughter and I glance at Ethan. His laugh is beautiful. The way that he throws his head back and opens his mouth wide, while closing his eyes and showing off his dimples. Beautiful.

I didn't realize I had a stupid grin in my face until the teacher silenced the class.

Completely giving up on me, the teacher just turns back to the board and continues teaching, while I bust out my phone and start shopping online.

-

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update, I had no idea where to go from here, but I hope this chapter wasn't too shit.

What do you think? Can this improve, don't forget to vote as comment!

P.S: This chapter seems short but it's 1136 words :))))))))