~13~

REBECCA P.O.V

"I saw Ethan walking out of your house, big girl,"

"You tryna break another dude's heart?"

"Don't even dare trying to get close to my baby, I'll beat your ass,"

"Ethan is already reserved for me, I'm still working on it, don't ruin my fucking plans, bitch,"

"He's mine, stay away from him,"

It felt like I was being engulfed by 500 demons at once as soon as I stepped into school. I couldn't say anything from shock. I could only stand still and look at the angry faces looking me up and down.

"You mute, asshole?"

I blinked. The girl talking is usually frightened from me. Am I in another universe?

I found myself regaining my mask and old personality, I felt myself filling with wrath.

"I don't give two fucks about his stupid ass anyway, he's the one that wanted to fuck me. You can have his 'royal' ass, I don't want him,"
I said, out on instinct. None of it was true.

I wanted him badly. Nothing's changed.

I see them widening their eyes, looking behind me, laughing, then walking away. I heard one vaguely say, "she'll never get him now".

I look behind me and see nothing. What the fuck. They must be blind.

ETHAN P.O.V

"I don't give two fucks about his stupid ass anyway, he's the one that wanted to fuck me. You can have his 'royal' ass, I don't want him,"

Have you ever felt your heart physically stab itself and stop beating? That's what I just felt.

I thought we had something. I've never felt this about any girl before. And now, I fucked it up so bad that she literally wants nothing to do with me. What did I do? Most importantly, why did I think someone would actually care?

I look up to see the other girls looking at me, laughing. I realize she was about to turn around, and run before she could see me.

I go behind the wall, unseen. Before I could process, I feel heat on my cheeks.

Shit.

I'm crying again.

At least it was delayed, right?

REBECCA P.O.V

Class seems a bit better today. I'm actually paying attention for once but I don't know why, really. I can't wait for lunchtime, I made my mind up. I'm going to tell him that I want to be his girlfriend.

I feel a true connection with this dude but I don't know why, this has never happened before and I don't know how to deal with it. Will he accept me?

He went in for the kiss first, I do hope so. If not, I'll experience true heartbreak for the first time and I really want to keep my page clean.

The moment the bell rings, I'm practically out of the door, my eyes scanning various heads in the hallways, looking for a tall, brown, wavy one.

Oh god, what is happening to me?

ETHAN P.O.V

Class seems odd today. I can't get myself to focus. What happens this morning keeps crossing my mind over and over again.

Did I mess up that bad? I never thought I'd feel like this, love always seemed fake to me.

Wait, love?

I'm not in love, am I?

I almost want to stay here forever, seeing her face will surely not be good for my mental health.

'Mr Ethan, mind answering this question?'

All heads are on me now; I don't realize it yet.

'Hello, earth to Ethan Dolan?'

Oh, shit. Fuck. I don't even know what this lesson is.

'Oh, um, excuse me,' I blurt out unwillingly.

I hear giggles erupt from the classroom.

I scan the question written on the board, willing myself to magically know the right answer, or for me to get shot through the head from some assassin outside, both would be fine, honestly.

'Uh, 3?' I say the first number that comes to mind.

Laughter is the only thing to be heard now.

'Actually, the correct answer 264. I suggest you stay here after this lesson is concluded, mister, I'm not saying you have detention, but that's exactly what I'm saying,'

The laughter is louder now.

Maybe being stupid for once was not that bad after all, at least I won't go to lunch, not like I wanted to anyway.

I allow myself to relax slightly. I'll get over her eventually. Right?

REBECCA P.O.V

It's been 20 minutes, where is this dude?

I searched practically every corner of this damn high school. Is he absent?

I'll text him later, I need to get to class.

I make my way through the narrow hallways, looking for my Math room, when he spot him going into the science room. I call his name out.

He looks at me with a look of pain and anger, then enters the classroom.

Huh?

I messed up?

How?

Now I have to catch him before he leaves school, great.

Or I could just not, and go back to my normal life.

What should I do?

Oh fuck. The bell rang and I'm standing like an idiot outside the door.

I enter with a deep breath, and apologize.

I take a random seat anywhere. I end up sitting next to this nerd that's usually terrified of me. I blurt our a quick hello whole taking a seat, then pause.

Okay, I've never this well-mannered, what the fuck?

I remind myself that it's only temporary, and I begin focusing again.

——
Hello children, please don't kill me. I bit of a filler chapter to let you know how the characters feel about this situation, I promise it'll all play out shortly.

I am aware that I haven't uploaded in months, please bear with me. My finals are almost over.

Ily all!

Vote and comment!