~7~

ETHAN P.O.V

Is this happening?

Is this actually happening?

My, basically, student is high.

And I have no one idea what to do.

"Rebecca?" I frantically mumbled while she just laughed at me, noticing a vodka bottle on her bed and busting it open and immediately taking a swig.

I threw my bag down and ran over to her. She was a mess. Mascara was smeared all over her red cheeks, her bloodshot eyes had traces of tears around them, and her smile seamed real, yet forced.

"Ethannnn, hiiii!" She sassily said, flipping her hair and holding up the vodka bottle.

"Rebecca, snap out of it now, we have a lesson to learn," I yelled while attempting to pick her up and drag her to the bathroom.

"No, I like myself like this, let me gooo," she yelled back, struggling to get out of my grip.

I was glancing around her room for something to use to help with this mentally-unstable-at-the-moment girl, when my eyes laid on what appeared to be a family photograph on her beside table. Slowly letting her go while she took another breath of the cigarette that sat between her fingertips, I walked over to the photograph, curiosity taking over me.

I put my shirt over my mouth and nose, the aroma becoming to much to handle, then picked up the photograph.

It had 2 happy parents, I'm guessing. A blonde and a brunette, smiling at the camera. They seemed like the perfect family. Smiles filling their faces, the background appeared to be a palatial-furnished living room, but there was one thing off about it.

The mother had her hands in a grotesque manner, as if holding a small child in her delicate arms, but that piece of paper was ripped out.

Attempting to connect all the lines of why this scarred girl was behaving in such ways, I turned around, the shattered frame in my hands, and stared at the guffawing mess that lay ahead of me.

"What is this?" I mumbled, regretting it immediately, because when she turned around, her smile faded away in a mere second, and now all her attention was in me. Her laughs silenced, and she stood up from her seat at began pacing over to me, rage filling her eyes to the brim and radiating off her, and for the first time in a while, I felt fear starting to bubble up in the pit of my stomach.

She snatched the photograph out of my hands and threw it to the other side of the room, scowled at me, then grabbed my collar and dragged me to my bag. Taking the hint, I picked it up then she immediately threw my helpless body out the door.

"Never come here again," She said, without opening her mouth so that it came out sounding like a hiss, then attempted to close the door, but I stopped it with the heel of my converse.

"No, wait!" I frantically said quickly.

She gave me a minute to explain myself.

When I fell silent, not knowing what I wanted, she kicked my foot so that I released the barrier that lay between the door and the lock, but then so stopped it with my hand.

"What do you want!" She yelled right at me, and I blurted out the only thing that came to my head.

"I want answers," I mumbled, the curiosity still killing me.

To my surprise, she let the door go, tears filling her eyes and her face turning red, then just walked over to her bed, sat on the edge, and started sobbing in her hands.

-

REBECCA P.O.V

I can't believe this. I can't believe I just let myself do such a horrid action.

This is the first time in years that I have cried in front of any other human other than myself.

I felt him slowly walk over to me, then he sat beside me.

I felt his hand on my back, rubbing it up and down in an attempt to soothe my tears.

I wanted to move away from his touch with all of my strength, but I just couldn't let myself. The satisfaction of another human's touch, especially Ethan's, after all of this years of sadness and depression, was needed.

-

ETHAN P.O.V

I hesitantly put my hand on her back, not knowing how she was going to react, but to my surprise, she just continued sobbing into her hands, not appearing to have noticed my presence.

Sudden bravery took over me, because I found my heart breaking into pieces just witnessing her at her weakest, and proceeded to pull her poor body into my chest, and started dragging my hand over her hair all the way down to her lower bag, and so on in what most people would call a monotonous manner, but it never got old for me. Touching the most cold-hearted girl in school felt like an achievement when it shouldn't.

She still didn't move. I felt like she needed this.

-

REBECCA P.O.V

I just let him. I just let him pull me into his chest. The moment that I have secretly longed for has finally come.

My mask has finally been ripped off.

And it felt good.

-

ETHAN P.O.V

It felt like an hour of continuous sobbing has passed, when the room finally silenced, and she finally looked up at me. Her eyes even more bloodshot then before, her face bright red and her cheeks stained with tears, which broke my heart even more.

She picked herself up and walked over to the frame at the other side of the room, then picked it up and carefully placed it on her bedside table.

I now really want to ask but knew it wasn't the right time.

I thought she was going to kick me out again, but was surprised when she walked over and sat next to me again.

-

A/N: I am so sorry for the late update, so much was going on, but I ended it on another cliffhanger y'all.

#SorryNotSorry

Don't forget to vote and comment!