~6~

ETHAN P.O.V

That's it. She just pushed me away.

Why is she so hard to deal with? What's on her mind? Why is her shell made of platinum?

I sighed as I walked away. What am I doing wrong? Why will she refuse to accept me?

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice that I had run into someone and sent their equipment tumbling down to the floor.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. Let me get that for you," I said, apologetically.

I leaned down and picked up everything, without looking that person in the eye.

When I finally looked up, I felt my heart fall down to my feet and my blood freeze in my veins.

She had her long, blonde hair up in a messy bun, her makeup-caked face looking straight down at me, her bright blue eyes staring into my soul. She had a short, black crop-top with the words, "let's fuck" printed in white at the front, and some white short shorts, paired with sky-scraping black Gucci heels.

"Long time no see, Ethan Grant Dolan," She said, smirking at me.

I gulped down my fear.

Meredith.

I thought I would see the last of her after she cheated on me with a stripper at a random night club, but this whore still had the audacity to show up at my high-school and look me in the eye and call me by my full name.

I finally found my words as I felt my anger rushing through my body. I could only see red as I stared up at my Ex-Girlfriend.

I slowly stood up, not breaking eye contact, realizing I had her stuff in my hands still.

I held eye contact for 2 seconds, while that bitch won't wipe her fucking smirk off her dreadful face.

I slowly separated my arms, letting her stuff fall down to the floor, and watched in amusement as I saw her face straighten up and look at me with anger crossing her eyes.

"Long time no see, Meredith Nickelson," I say, mimicking her smirk, then walked away, feeling the students' stares bore into my body.

-

REBECCA P.O.V

I gawked at the scene that lay ahead of me. Ethan's Ex was here?

She was insanely pretty with minimal effort, which really got on my nerves.

I saw her shake her head, smiling, while picking her stuff up and walking away.

Suddenly, I felt anger cross my body as I clenched my fists.

She was going to try and get him back. I know it.

I was startled at myself for a second. Was I feeling... jealousy?

I shook my head at the thought. Me - jealous? Ha, in your dreams, hun.

-

THE NEXT DAY
FRIDAY
REBECCA P.O.V

I have no clue why, but I was nervous as hell.

I already secretly figured out that I have a crush on this kid, but my mask refused to believe it.

We had already planned that it would be at mine, and I stubbornly have him my address, but I couldn't help but feel I rush of excitement while doing so.

"He would be here at any second. He is already 5 minutes late, but that's alright, traffic happens," I reassure myself.

5 more minutes pass.

And another 5.

Was he not going to come?

I was in my room and I left the door unlocked so he could come straight in.

Maybe he stood me up?

Who am I kidding, of course he stood me up. Who in their right mind would willingly come and spend the whole day with me?

Without warning, I suddenly burst into tears. What am I doing to myself, and the people around me? What's the point of the badass mask that seems to be glued onto my face? What will I benefit out of this haunting act?

All I am doing in harming myself and others.

I wipe my tears on my Nike hoodie, and blew my nose with a nearby tissue.

If I have had this mask on for this long, might as well keep it on.

Then I remembered. He stood me up. There was no one coming. No one likes me to make an effort to come over to my house. I don't think anyone has came here since my 3rd grade birthday party, which is the last I seen of my parents. The thought brings more tears to my eyes.

I suddenly have this idea that causes a smile to appear on my damp face.

I didn't have a chance to sell the drugs at the party, which means they were still in my drawer.

I sprang off my bed my made my way to my dresser and swung the drawer open, and there they were: the weed and the cocaine.

I smile to myself, before picking the bag and and grabbing 2 pieces of paper and emptying the top of my dresser.

I fill one paper up with the dried green leaves and roll it up in the shape of a cigarette, before grabbing my lighter from my bedside table and lighting the end of my escape.

I immediately take a long breath in, slowly feeling all my problems fade away into nothingness.

I take 2 more breaths, then set the cigarette down into the table and putting some cocaine next to it.

Using my second paper, I align the drug into a long thin line, then sniff the whole thing.

Letting out a chuckle of happiness, I grab my cigarette again and proceed to take a few more breaths before repeating the cycle.

I guffaw loudly, feeling everything around me get blurry. I was finally happy.

I was about to smoke the cigarette again, when I heard my bedroom door open.

"Sorry for being so late, the traffic was ins-" The mysterious boy says, before taking s long breath in and scanning my room, before his eyes finally land on my smirking face.

"...Rebecca?"

-

A/N: Don't forget to like and comment!