two

Inanna's Apartment

Oakland , California

12:57 PM

Inanna Sarkis

Inanna Sarkis

"I'm coming SHIT!"

I put my hands over my chest to keep it from bouncing up and down since I wasn't wearing a bra. I opened the door to see Hannah with heavy tinted glasses. I rolled my eyes and left her by the door as I walked back into my kitchen.

 I rolled my eyes and left her by the door as I walked back into my kitchen

"Glad you finally lightened this place up. I was tired of thinking you lived in the dark ages." Hannah said, looking around.

"So how are you and Klay ?"

"You would know if you check social media and answer my texts and calls."

"Sorry I've been busy." I apologized sincerely.

"Klay was losing his mind because you disappeared for two months."

"I'll text him." I said, grabbing my phone.

"It's fine. I already did. "

"Would you like any tea ? I got a new shipment of them."

"No. I told you millions of times I don't like tea. And when will you grow out of this hippie phase ? It's getting old." She said, removing her hands from the counter top.

"I like it like this." I said, grabbing my flowers and adding water to them.

"So has Twan gotten in your pants yet ?" She spoke while wiggling her eyebrows.

"You know I'm still a virgin." I lied.

"For what reason ?"

"It's only thing women can keep outside dignity, respect and pride as a physical aspect."

"I don't see the big deal so after these two months , you and Twan haven't done anything ?"

"Nope."

"You didn't even suck -"

"Yeah I haven't done anything. We respect each other too much do it and he is just a good friend to me." I stated, sipping on my Oolong tea. I smiled at the taste.

"Twan is so hot."

Too bad he like boys I thought

"So how are you Klay ?"

"Great, we've started having sex and it's great."

My stomach twisted at the thought.

"I'm happy that you guys are happy together."

"And guess what ?" She said, before showing me her phone.

hannahstocking @klaythompson

"Oh you posted him on Instagram ?"

"Yeah, my followers went up a ton."

"How do you feel knowing that you guys are public now ?"

"Good, I'm a model and now I'm a NBA girlfriend. I'm about to get so much popularity and money." She smiled.

"That's all you are worried about ? Not even his feelings ?"

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him. But promise not to say anything. Promise ?"

"Promise."

"Well I gotta go to my photo shoot. I'll text you later."

"Okay have fun."

I shut the door after she left. I grabbed my tea before taking a bath in my bathroom.

 I grabbed my tea before taking a bath in my bathroom

I sat there in peace, mellowing in my own thoughts.

She was only using him to get her name out there.  They were and still are my only best friends. I always kept promises . I couldn't sadly tell Klay. I hope that he would figure it out soon before his feelings grow too strong to ignore that fact. It's not like he even listens to what I have to say anyway.  Everytime I tried to give him advice, it flies over his head. 

That's what Hannah and Klay have in common anyway.

They both can't listen. That's why I didn't tell her that her ideas about being public with Klay were wrong. She doesn't listen to me and what I have to say.

I only disappeared for two months because I had to film a movie while my dad was sick and I didn't want to hear them brag about each other. I only talked to my parents and Twan. Lele is still in Mexico so I couldn't even really speak to her because of the time zone difference.

Everytime I think about Hannah and Klay together , my stomach twists and my heart drops. I pulled my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, resting my chin on them.

Once again, I was left by myself as Klay went on to live his life because my life was too involved with his. After we graduated, I only missed two games after these two years. I still went even when we had arguments and even when he didn't want me around. 

I was living an unfair life and my heart was too big let anyone else to get hurt and I was too scared to open my mouth.