three

Baker's Beach

San Francisco , California

3:18 PM

Inanna Sarkis

I laid down a blanket before sitting down on it. Twan sat on it and turned to me.

"So what has the magnificent Inanna been living her life ?"

"It's decent. What about you ?"

"Pretty great. I met someone."

"And does the lucky man have a name ?"

"His name is Eric."

"And what does he look liek ?"

"He is about your height, but he has more muscles than me. I think he's from France. I think. But he's very aggressive but its great in bed." He smirked.

"Ew I don't want hear about your sex life also."

"Sex is great. You just have to try it."

"Yeah whatever." I said , grabbing my phone.

"Hey guys!"

I turned around to see Hannah with Lele and Klay.

"Lele!"

"Inanna!"

I got up and ran to her, giving her a tight hug.

"I missed you. How was Mexico ?"

"It was fantastic."

I was pulled roughly into a hug by Klay. I patted his back quickly before pulling away because Hannah was giving me a dirty look. I turned away from the scene back to Lele. I started talking to her about her trip to distract myself from Hannah's glare.

"Lele can you come here please ?"

"I'll be right back." She said, quickly, running over to Hannah. I turned around and sat down back at my towel. I looked over to see the whole group talking and laughing. I smiled at how bright Klay's smile was as he talked to Hannah.

I loved the way she made him feel but I hated why she did.

I got up and walked in the opposite direction from them as I heard Twan's camera clicking from afar. I put my wireless earbuds in my ears and played Nikki Flores's Canary.

So much for happy endings
I know it don't work like that, no
So much of me belonged to
Someone who didn't know exactly what they had, mm

I wish that you could be happy with nothing but me
I wish my love was enough but I just can't compete

Canary diamond
Canary diamond
It wasn't worth me riding in the backseat
Acting like I'm happy
Knowing that you'd only want me when you didn't have me anymore
I was yours and you were never mine...

I stared at the waves to my right as I turned off my earbuds and shoved them in my pocket. If anything, I was just like them. I was floating to same different shores , letting people use me for short term enjoyment. At the end of the day, trash was left floating inside of me as I held everybody's waste.  I wasn't gonna be able to be fixed because no one really sees the call for help as the animals die from everyone's forgetfulness.

Click!

I turned to see Klay with Twan's camera. He smiled and lower the camera.

"Beautiful."