nine

брат is the way to say brother in Bulgarian language but to make it easier I'm just going to make her say brother.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarkis's House

Hamilton , Ontario

9:25 AM

Inanna Sarkis

"Come down for breakfast , sweetheart."

I rolled over to hear my mama's Bulgarian accent.

"No. I rather starve."

"It's not healthy. Get downstairs in five minutes. I mean it."

I sighed as she left the room. I grabbed my phone to see a couple texts from some friends about where I was. But not one single one from Klay. I sucked back the tears that raised in my eyes and got out of bed. I grabbed my robe , slipping it on. I shoved my feet in a pair of house slippers and skipped downstairs. My mama and brother were sitting down at the table outside and my baba was walking back outside with a cup of coffee. I sat down where my plate was.

"They said it was supposed to snow heavily tonight so anything you two need to do should be done before dinner

"They said it was supposed to snow heavily tonight so anything you two need to do should be done before dinner." My baba said, deeply. A conversation roamed the table and I ate my Fried Bread Slices (Toast) with homemade confiture or fruit preserve what Americans call it.

"So how is our son Klay doing ?" Baba asked, sipping on his coffee.

"He's fine."

"I heard he's with your friend I don't like. Um I can't remember her name."

"It's Hannah. And they broke up." I said, finish eating and taking a sip the sweet Aryan mama made fresh this morning.

"Yeah right. Look at her latest Instagram post." My brother spoke, showing me his phone.

hannahstocking happy

I couldn't stop staring. He didn't even care that I was gone. I wasted my time with him. I wasted years. But yet he still had this hold on me. I was still in love with him. And he didn't feel the same.

I cleared my throat out.

"Um I'm done eating." I said, before getting up. Despite their protests, I walked away back to my room that became my safe haven two months ago. I shut the door and locked it. I got on my phone and opened Instagram to see her post. I went through the comments , seeing people were congratulating them and their relationship.

Tears fell down my face.

After all this shit, I was the only one alone and crying. She was still living her lavish lifestyle with minimal feelings for him and he was accepting her cookie cutter bullshit but how ?

It wasn't fair but all is fair in love and war right ?

My phone rung and I noticed it was Twan.

.

.

.

Twan Kuyper

"You need to get your fucking boyfriend before I stab him."

"What happened ?" Inanna spoke through the phone. I could hear the alertness in her tone but also the sadness. There was something up and she needed to explain it.

"You tell me what happened first."

"Twan." She whined.

"Nope. I need to know right now."

"How long will it take you to get to Toronto ?"

"I have nothing planned for the next week so maybe tomorrow or the day after."

"When you get here then we can talk."