I.

1998

1998.

THE RISES FROM THE HORIZON and Jodie turned in her sleep and she sees her boyfriend Colin fast asleep, she looked at him and she blinked twice because in the silence she could hear faint crying coming from the built-in infant room that connected to their bedroom. Her daughter, Sadie was crying faintly and weeping quietly. She sighed as she gets from under the covers and Colin stirred in his sleep. "Where are you going ?" He questioned her and Jodie rolled her eyes as she raked her curls back. "Don't you hear Sadie crying?" She questioned, she rolled her eyes lazily as she left the room and he didn't say anything but went back to sleep, usually, he would smack her or yell ay her but he was too sleepy to even do so. She walked into the white room filled with pictures and portraits of her three kids as little Babies.

She walked over to the cradle that was falling apart  that and been repaired countless times by Jodie because Colin refused to spend money on another one but want to spend money on two packs of beers that are twelve dollars a pack but can't buy a damn cradle from a department store that was about one hundred dollars but there were some for even less that were in hefty condition.

Jodie picked up Sadie out of the cradle and she immediately stopped crying, the sleepy mother kissed her child's head and she held her close as she walked out of the room. Jodie could hear the TV on in the living room and she sighed as she walked into the living room to see Lana and Sawyer, laying on the couch bundled up in blankets. 

They see their mother who was very tired looking as always and they both get up, Lana took Sdiie from her arms and she carried her to the kitchen and Sawyer grabbed his Mother's hand. "We made breakfast." Sawyer says and Jodie smiled lazily as she sees her sweet curly-haired child guiding her to the kitchen.

Sawyer and Lana were fraternal twins. Both have similar features, have the same nose, same eye color which was emerald green and have the light brown hair but the only difference was that Lana had dark skin just like Jodie. People always freaked out when they saw Lana because it was rare to see a Dark-skin girl with bright green eyes but Jodie knew that there were countries of kids who looked just like her and it should be a normal thing. Colin freaked out and thought that Jodie cheated on him but it didn't make sense to her because Sawyer looked just like him and Lana is his twin but Colin wasn't the smartest cookie in the jar but he managed to get a good paying job working in a factory.

Sawyer sat his Momma down and he gave her bowl of cereal and some toast with some jam on it, she smiled because was very impressed because they were only five. Jodie looked at Lana was sitting down and she was feeding her little sister from her pink bottle that once was Lana's when she was a baby. "You two are very impressive." Jodie complimented and Sawyer smiled as he sat down Lana's plate down. "We learned from the best." Sawyer grinned as he sat down next to him Momma and he said his blessings then he began to eat. "Oh, Momma, do you think we can go grocery shopping today? I made a list of what we needed because we ran out of a lot of things." Lana says pushing a lost towards Jodie, she nodded as she looked at the list.