XXI.

IT WAS THE NEXT MORNING and Jodie didn't want to wake up the twins to say bye but it would be so unfair to them if she didn't and so she wakes them. It turned into a really sad morning. Jodie watched Lana cry as she hugged Casper, he rocked side to side as he hugs her so tightly. "I don't want you to go." Lana sobbed and she cried in his shirt, Casper couldn't help but cry himself because he really was gonna miss them. "I'm gonna come back in March, then we have the entire spring break and you guys can come and visit." Casper sniffled and Lana shakes her head because he wanted to see him when she wakes up and before she goes to bed.

Sawyer hugged his Mother's leg sadly, he didn't want him to go just as much as Lana did.

Dawn comes walking from the car, she sees Lana crying and she frowned as she approached them. "We're gonna miss our flight if we don't leave in the next five minutes." Dawn says and Lana lets go of him, she was still crying. "Hey, it's gonna be okay because when I'm finished, I'm gonna be back and we can be a happy family." He tells her and Lana wipes her face as she sniffled. "Okay, I love you." She hiccuped and he kisses her head then whispers an I love you as he rubbed her back. Casper sits her down and looks at Sawyer and he ruffles the little boy's hair. "I love you and you be good." Casper says and Sawyer nodded. "Okay, I love you too."

Jodie looks at Casper with tears in her eyes, she said she wasn't gonna cry but now thinking about it was very impossible for her not to. She pulls Casper in a hug and he kisses her head as his hands rubbed her back. "You call me whenever you get there, make sure you get plenty of sleep and Casper I mean it when I say don't wear yourself out, alright, I love you." Jodie sniffled and Casper nodded as tears run down her face. "Okay and I love you more." He replied and he leans down then kisses her sweetly as he runs his hands through the back of her head. He pulls away and he sighs as he grabs his bag, he throws it in the back of the truck and he gets into the passenger side. Casper looks out the window and waves at them as e pulls off. They all waved back.

They watched the truck pull out of the driveway and down the dirt road. Jodie gathers the twins back into the house.

A Month Later.

Jodie nervously walks through the high school that she used to go to, it looked very much the same and it wasn't too big but it was still nicely remodeled. She sees a sign for the Adult class for them to attend and Jodie walked in when she did she sees many people and it was a predominantly white class and there was one Hispanic and one Black guy but he gave her the stank eye right when she came in there. They watched her sit down and one older woman leans over. "You know this is an adult class, young lady?" The woman questioned and Jodie looked at her with a pretty mean glare. "Yes." Jodie answered because she came here to learn, not get kicked out on the first day.

Jodie pulled out her journal for notes and people watched her, she knew that they knew about her and what happened to her last year but it wasn't any of their business and she wasn't gonna cry because someone looked at her wrong. The teacher walks in and he was this white guy who looked fairly older. He was tall, his hair was a nice, shiny brown with a few gray hairs and his skin was tan but had an olive tone to it that worked well for his jade eyes and he wore a nice button up with some slacks. He goes to the board and he writes down his name, it says Mr. Papillon and he turns to look at everyone. "Welcome to your first day of class everyone. I'm Mr. Papillon but hopefully, by June 9th, I will just be Cain Papillon because you won't be my students anymore and you're high school graduates." He smiled and Jodie liked his smile, it was comforting.