V.

IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND CASPER hasn't heard or seen Jodie come in town, he hasn't seen her kids too often either and he would drive by their house but Colin's car was always parked out front

IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND CASPER hasn't heard or seen Jodie come in town, he hasn't seen her kids too often either and he would drive by their house but Colin's car was always parked out front. He was gonna knock on her door but he got caught up with work because it was a heat wave in Texas at the moment and a lot of people's cars has broke down or they needed oil changes. Casper had about one hundred people or more in the span of two days to come in to get their car fixed.

Casper finally had a day off because he was the boss and he took off whenever but most of the time he worked the same times as his workers. He decided to go to the grocery store and get a few groceries. He whistled as he walked down the dairy aisle and he shifted his eyes to see a familiar woman, a woman who he's in love with and she was pushing the basket while her kids sat in the basket quietly. It was unusual because Jodie would've been sitting in the basket while Sawyer pushed her.

Something was very off.

"Jodie." Casper called her and she turned around, she looked at him and usually her face would light up with this excitement but instead, he got this dull look and she looked very tired but a sad tired. Jodie turned around to keep on walking but he caught up with her. "Hey." Casper said softly, Jodie wasn't supposed to talk to anyone because Colin said so and maybe he found out about the whole hangout thing because one of his friend's wife saw them together at the restaurant.

Jodie swallowed hard, she forced herself to look at him. "I-I can't talk to you anymore." Jodie said quietly, looking away and her voice was shaky and her lip trembled, she wasn't looking at him and she was prone to looking in his eyes every chance she got but it was different. "Why is that?"Casper questioned with a whisper.

"He found out, everything and I cannot be seen with you." Jodie whispered and Casper's lips parted, he looked at what she was wearing which wasn't something she usually wore. He already knew she was covering her herself more, her hair was in a bun because she wasn't comfortable wearing it down and she walked with a small limp. Casper looked at Sawyer, he had a small bruise on his cheek but it wasn't so big but it wasn't there a week ago and Lana was to quiet because she usually had some type of remark to say or she was always so talkative.

What was this man doing to them? He closed his eyes as he fought the urge to ask her everything but that would just push her away even more so he sighed. "We can spend time together privately and Colin shouldn't be controlling your life." Casper remarked, Jodie sighed as she shook her head and she didn't say anything for a  moment. "Casper, you don't believe it but I've never been happy with him but when I'm with you, it's like I'm falling or taking interest in someone instead... of it being forced." Jodie whispered and Casper sees her twitch her finger, he grabbed her hands and intertwined their fingers. "You deserve to fall in love, it's a natural human right." Casper states and Jodie laughed as she tilted her head, he had her smiling again.

His eyes trailed behind her to see pretty little Lana, he smiled at her and he waved at her, the little girl suddenly began to smile at the sight of him. Casper gazed at Sawyer and he frowned. "Did you watch the Mets play last night?" Casper asked him and Sawyer suddenly was smiling. "What the heck is going on with them?!" He says throwing his hands up and he ran his hands through his hair.