XXVII.

MAINE.

A couple of weeks later..

Snores filled the room and it was overwhelming full too. Usually, the kids slept in their rooms but when the nights when Jodie would come back from Dallas, they shared Casper's big bed sometimes. It was a family thing and even when she wasn't there Sawyer and Lana would sleep with him because they would get real homesick or they would miss their Mom. The twins didn't want to feel selfish because she spent her entire time raising them all on their own and they should at least give her some time to do what she wants but they forget about that and beg her to come back.

Jodie held Sawyer and Lana while Casper was practically hanging halfway off of the bed, it was a common situation because the three were wild sleepers and there has been a time when he woke up on the floor. He rubs his face as he felt an ache in his back, he grumbles a little and he opens his eyes slowly. He adjusts himself in the bed then he turns to face them, he stares at them tiredly and he sees that some of Lana's hair was out of her bonnet and reached out then tucks it right back into her bonnet. Sawyer was smiling a little in his sleep and his hair was nicely done in some braids but he wouldn't let Jodie touch it unless it was a special day.

Today was the twin's birthday and they were turning six, Lana is a tiny six but people have mistaken Sawyer for being at least eight because of his height but he was a little boy with long legs that went through a rapid growth spurt during the summer. Casper has planned a big part for them because they didn't have parties in the past, so he promised them that every year he would throw them a big party. The theme for this year was hip-pop themed and they even have some friends from school that was coming, Casper planned it for weeks and it was gonna be a fun party. There was gonna be a magician, it was gonna be at this venue and it was gonna be an awesome experience but of course, the family was coming including Abuela.

Casper gets up because he had a lot to do today, he had to go pick up their cake also their outfits, call his Mom and make sure that she was at the venue with Dad and Dawn to put up the rest of their directions. Flynn and Marina were in charge of making sure all of their friends are picked up. He hurries to the bathroom when he gets dressed, he goes downstairs and he starts making breakfast for them but he hoped to not wake them up but he had to go back upstairs to wake up Jodie up. "Jodie.." He whispered and she instantly wakes up, she hummed in response. "I'm gonna go pick up everything and make sure everything is set, I gotta go across town to get the bounce house so make sure they're ready by three, okay, love you." He rushed out then he kisses her head, she watched him leave and she laid right back down.

Casper calls everyone before he leaves and he sighed because he was nervous yet very excited because he really hoped they would like the party.

After a long morning of ripping and running all over town, Casper is finally back home and after hours of preparation, things were steady and the twins were gonna have the best party that all their friends and classmates were gonna remember. He comes right back to the house and Jodie had them ready but the twins seemed already hyped up. "You're back!" Lana exclaimed and she hugs his leg, Casper leans down and he picks up Lana and he kisses her cheek. "Happy birthday kid." He smiled and she hugs him, Sawyer holds out his arms. "My turn!" He exclaimed and Casoer chuckles as he puts Lana down then he picks him up the gives him a kiss. "Happy birthday to you too." Casper smiled and Sawyer blushes as he hugs him.

Jodie comes from down the stairs and she was putting on her earrings, Casper's lips parted. "Holy sh-" He almost forgot the kids were right there and Jodie smiles as she gives him a spin. She wore a mini blue dress and her hair was in a slink high bun, she wore her little hoop earrings and she had on some heels. "What.?" Jodie questioned with confusion because they all stared at her with complete awe. "You look so good, Momma, we just have never seen you dress like that way." Sawyer tells her and Jodie self consciously looks down. "It was a gift from your Grandma from a while ago but I didn't think I would pull it off." She shrugged and Casper puts Sawyer down. "You look... I can't even gather my words." He says with complete shock but more of an overwhelming one.