Chapter 3

Much to Mo Guan Shan's relief, the afternoon with He Tian was rather routine- they shopped some groceries for dinner and headed to He Tian's apartment, constantly bickering around, but in the usual I-call-you-asshole-you-call-me-asshole-way, which was their fairly normal communication mode. Even if Mo Guan Shan had been numerous times at He Tian's by now, he always felt out of place here. The apartment pretty much summed up the differences between them: large, luxurious in every way, giving away the impression of money to be taken for granted, enjoying life with a self-confidence that Mo Guan Shan knew he completely lacked. For him, life meant struggling, working hard in badly paid jobs, maybe support a family one day. Luxury had no place in that. It had nothing to do with self-pity, it was just the way he looked at the world. To shake off the uneasy feeling he busied himself with storing away the groceries and preparing dinner. Cooking always helped to clear his mind and he enjoyed the quiet concentration while chopping meat and vegetables.

He was so engrossed in his task that he startled out of his meditative state when a voice murmured directly in his ear.

"That smells delicious."

He Tian was standing right behind him, so close he was almost touching Mo Guans Shan's back. His breath lingered over MoGuan Shan's neck and made the hairs on his arms stood up. When the heck did he get so close?

"Fuck! That's the second time today you're startling the shit out of me! What the hell? You want hot stew in your fucking face?"

Mo Guan Shan turned around to yell at He Tian, but that was a mistake. He Tian didn't move a bit, so they were practically standing nose to nose. Mo Guan Shan's brain seemed to shut down spontaneously, all words lost somewhere. Eventually he remembered to close his mouth, still open to tell He Tian to seriously fuck off. He Tian just stared at him, his expression unreadable. Mo Guan Shan felt extremely uncomfortable yet unable tomove at the same time. Like in his dream. His dream! Very bad timing to think about that now! With an enormous effort his brain kicked in the gears in and he shove He Tian back.

"Just let me finish the dinner, or do you wanna eat fucking burned stew?"

He Tian stepped back and started to set the table. They ate in silence, which was not uncommon, but Mo Guan Shan still felt embarrassed from the situation before and finished his plate quickly to end the awkward situation. He Tian seemed like nothing has happened, that arrogant bastard, playing it cool. Mo Guan Shan cleaned the kitchen and was happy when he closed the door to the apartment to head home.

Laterin bed, tossing around, he chew over the evening. What was wrong with He Tian? It was almost like he enjoyed being so close to him, the way he constantly searched for body contact, stepping over Mo GuanShan's boundaries as if they wouldn't even exist. He just could not understand why he would do that. If he was horny, there were plenty of girls who would let him willingly in their knickers. So what? Could it be that he- no, that was impossible. No fucking way. Not He Tian, with him, Mo Guan Shan. He was sure there had to be another explanation. Maybe he was just bored and wanted to mess with someone? Or a fucked-up kind of power play? Yeah, it had to be something like this. But what wrecked his brain even more and turned his stomach was his own reaction to all this. He was well aware that he had been almost hypnotized by He Tian's stare and the way his proximity had effected Mo Guan Shan's body. He could still feel the soft breath stroking his neck and felt a shiver run down his throat. Like in his dream, the closeness send a heat directly to his groin and he could feel himself getting hard. Shit, he could definitely not be turned on by that asshole! He could just imagine the cocky snicker if He Tian could see him right now. Not being sure that he could keep his concentration on an chick from a porn tonight, Mo Guan Shan decided that a cold shower was exactly was he needed to clear his thoughts and get rid of his stupid boner.