Special Chapter 4

~ Xiumin's POV ~

It was past midnight and I was walking through the street of Y/n's home town.
I had to think after she rejected me earlier. This really broke my heart. I did something wrong but I don't know what.
I thought she'd be happy to see me but instead she slapped me hard.
How am I able to talk to her? How can we make it up again?
I can't leave before we haven't clarified things. But how?

My feet were weak. I was walking for hours already. I passed at her house at least five times, always fighting with myself to ring the door bell and try to talk to her. But I always held back myself from doing so. She has to calm down. Clear up her mind.

I decided to search for a hotel and try my luck tomorrow.

~ The next day ~

Since there was no chance in talking to Y/n, I called Irene. Since she is Y/n's best friend she might know anything.
Y/n gave me her number for emergency cases. And I truly think this is one.

Irene: Hello?

Xiumin: Hey Irene, it's Xiumin.

Irene: Ah hey... what is it?

Her voice sounded annoyed.

Xiumin: Uhm, do you know if something happened to Y/n?

Irene: Why are you askig?

Xiumin: She didn't contact me for days so I thought I suprise her by coming to America. But she just slapped me and told me to leave. I don't know what's going on.

Irene: Oh really, you don't know? I don't want to be involved in this but you are responsible for her losing her best friend.

Xiumin: Wonho?

Irene: Still clueless?

Xiumin: I wrote him to spend less time with her.

Irene: Exactly. There you have your problem. Think of a good way to make everything good again. It won't be easy.

Xiumin: Alr-

Irene: Bye.

She then hung up.
Did I really hurt her that much with it? I just wanted the best for us. I didn't mean to hurt her. That never was my intention.

Does she love him back? Why is she so hurt by it? I just told him to keep some distance. I thought he understood my reason. Why is she acting as if she'll never see him again?

I got ready and headed off to her home.
I was looking at my phone to find the right way as I bumped into someone.
I was about to excuse myself as I looked into that person's face.

???: You here? Having some great time with your girlfriend?

Xiumin: Wonho? But it's acually good that we meet.

Wonho: Is that so? There is nothing I have to talk about with you.

Xiumin: But I have. Did Y/n cheated on me with you?

Wonho: She didn't. I was nothing to her. Not even a friend.

Xiumin: What are you talking about, not even a friend?

Wonho: She planned all this didn't she?

Xiumin: Planned what?

Wonho: You writing me to stop meeting with her. Stop being her friend.

Xiumin: What? No, it wasn't. She didn't know about it. That's why she is mad at me. Freaking mad. She even slapped me.

Wonho: Deserved.

Xiumin: But why are you talking about quitting your friendship?

Wonho: That's what you wanted me to do, isn't it?

Xiumin: Wha- no it's not! You misunderstood. I told you to keep some distance. You guys meet everyday. We barely have time to talk 'cause she is always busy going outside with you. Going to the cinema, to cafés, whatever. That's all I was asking for. I didn't wanted you to quit your friendship. ...How could I if I know how much you mean to her...

Wonho: What?? What are you saying?

Xiumin: You misunderstood me, huh?

He just stood there quite not knowing how to react. His mind was empty. Completely empty. His eyes were just staring straight.

Xiumin: It's okay. I guess it was my fold. I was overacting. Just, the way you fought for her made me think that she loves you back, even more. I was afraid she loved you more than me...

He finally came back to reality. He let out a deep sigh.

Wonho: I can totally understand your feelings but our friendship is none of your business. Y/n loves you. And only you. She told me often enough. She is happy with you....

He stopped talking for a while. Realising what just had happen.

Wonho: I thought there was no part for me in her life anymore. I told her she won't see me again if she don't want to... It's a relief to see that it hurt her.

Xiumin: You WHAT?? ...What have I just done...

I started realising how I fucked up. I messed up everything I was able to mess up. How will she ever forgive me.

Wonho: I guess we have to explain some things to her.

He held his hand in front of me symbolising me to make up with each other.
I took his hand and shook it.

Xiumin: Let's go then.