Ch.4 A different POV

Adrien's POV

These past few days have been the best of my life. It all started that night when I made the surprise for Ladybug. She told me she likes someone else, but there is always hope that she will develop feelings for me. For now, her friendship is the best gift. From the things went only uphill. The next day, I went to see a movie with my friends. we watched the documentary about Ladybug and me. I still can't believe Ladybug kissed me and I have no memory of it. But I love the fact that the movie interprets us as a couple. I hope it happens one day. Then we did battle and when the fake ladybug kissed my cheek, I was surprised, but I swear I saw a glint of jealousy in the real Ladybug's eyes, but it happened so quick I could've just imagined it.

I went to Marinette's to talk to her about what I thought I saw. She's the only person I can really talk to with the mask, and she's always so supportive. It does make me feel guilty at times though, she basically confessed she has a crush on me as Cat Noir without realizing it. But I have learned a lot about her and I understand her better as Adrian. Maybe if I wasn't given a miraculous I would've fallen in love with Marinette. She's such a sweet caring girl. I remembered what she told me about the scarf. She had made it, but instead of telling me she had made it, she let me believe it was from my father so that I could stay happy. She really does have a heart of gold, and she really believes I have a chance with Ladybug. the next day, when I arrived at the akuma spot, Ladybug just got up and left leaving me with a fan in a cat Noir costume. I was flattered but was confused why Ladybug left so suddenly. I again confided in Marinette, who listened to me happily. She then helped me find out what happened. Ladybug probably was about to detransform, she used her lucky charm really early in the battle, so she probably was about to detransform. Then came Dr. Paw came and I was turned into a black cat. With me out of the way, she had to find another black cat to help her finish the job.I admit I was jealous of the attention she was giving the cat, and I made a joke about it, expecting her to make a comeback, but instead, she comes up to me and stroked the hair out of my eyes and looked at me affectionally. I swear I almost purred. She then left with the black cat and I was standing there with that warm glowy feeling. She had told me to meet her at the Eiffel tower the next day and I was super excited to meet her. what did she want to talk about?

Unfortunately for me, my father had other plans for me. He wanted me to a photo shoot for his clothing line. It could've taken all day. I was getting anxious and so I wasn't making the faces the photographer wanted, making it take even longer. By the time we had finished, it was nearly one. I quickly ditched my bodyguard and turned into Cat Noir. I Hope Ladybug is still there. When I arrived I was shocked by what I saw. Ladybug had made a picnic, everything themed by ladybug and Cat Noir. She was turned away from me so she didn't see me arrive.

"Wow, M'lady, I didn't know you had made a picnic. It looks paw-sitivly delicious!"

she turned around and looked at me. She seemed happy I showed up.

"You had made a surprise for me, so I wanted to return the favour." she replied.

I never thought that that one thing would lead to another. I thought I was the one who would do all the surprises. I guess I was wrong.

"For a moment there, I thought you weren't going to show up Cat Noir," she said. I know she meant it like a joke, but I could tell she was actually relieved I showed up.

"I apologize M'lady. I was running late with something in my civilian life, and it caused me to be late for this." That photoshoot took so long. I'm happy she's still here, she could've easily left.

"Well, now that you're here, you can see I've set up a picnic. I hope you're hungry," she replied.

"Starving, M'lady" It was true. I didn't eat breakfast and didn't get the chance to eat lunch.