Ch.15 A shattered heart

Marinette's POV

I was sitting on the Eiffel tower waiting for Cat Noir for our date. A part of me still can't believe that I was dating Cat Noir. A couple weeks ago I was still obsessed with Adrien, but he said so himself, there was a girl he was interested in. I hope he finds happiness in his life as I have. I saw Cat Noir approaching the Eiffel tower with a red rose in his mouth. I was starting to have quite the collection.

"Good afternoon, M'Lady," He said with a bow, then gave me the rose.

"Good afternoon Cat noir," I said, taking the rose and putting it in my hair.

"It's my turn to pick the date Cat Noir." I told him.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I want us to go somewhere and be an everyday hero" I told him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"well, I want us to help people, so I want us to visit the children's hospital and see if we can liven their spirits."

"Lead the way Bugabbo."

We both ran across the city all the way to the children's hospital. When we arrived we walked up to the receptionist.

"Hello, we are here to see the children." I said

The receptionist looked surprise.

"Oh! Ladybug? Oh uh, yes! The children are all in different rooms on the fifth floor." She said.

"Thank you" I told her and Cat Noir went to the elevators. Once we were inside I started a conversation with Cat Noir.

"So, has Marinette told you anything about me?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer.

"She told me you loved Jagged stone, which is also my favourite artist." he siad

"How did you get her to talk? She wouldn't take bribes." I asked him.

"I bribed her by offering to do an interview with Ayla if she gave me a clue.

"You sneaky kitty." I teased him.

"Only for you." He said, giving me a quick kiss before the elevator opened. We spent the rest of the day saying hello to kids. Every child's eyes lit up when we entered the room. It was such a nice feeling to take those children's minds off the fact they were in a hospital, even for a moment. When we had finished visiting all the children, we made our way back to the Eifell tower.

"So, have you any guesses on my identity?" I asked.

"I wish I did, but I know very vague things about you. Half the girls in Paris fit the description." He said.

"Let me help you then. You have rescued me in my civilian form." I told him.

"That doesn't help much either. I've rescued hundreds of people as well."

"Maybe so, but you have rescued me more than once. I remember the first time. you were bragging and showing off, and I was pretending to be in love almost because a superhero was saving me. In fact, I had asked you about ladybug and you said, and I quote: She's busy with something tonight, so you get to be my ladybug." I told him laughing.

He looked surprised, but then looked deep in thought, like he was trying to remember who he spoke those words to. Then he let out a frustrated sigh.

"I can't remember who I said that to!" He groaned.

"Well then kitty, you're just going to have to wait to find out my identity then." I told him while snuggling up in his chest.

"It appears I'm not the only sneaky kitty around here." He said, stroking my hair.

"Well, would you risk telling me something that would hint your identity?" I asked

"Well, just as I've rescued you, you've rescued me. Once I think I almost called you m'lady in civilian form." He said.

"I guess we can't recognize each other without the mask." I told him.

"I guess not" He said.

We stayed there for a but, watching the sunset. It's crazy how comfortable I was around Cat Noir now. I could practically sit in his lap and I never blushed.

"Well, I should get going. It's late. See you soon kitty." I told him.

"Goodnight bugaboo"

"Goodnight Cat Noir"

When I got home I went straight to bed. I was exhausted. The next morning, I woke up with a smile on my face. I now had quite a few roses and I cherished each one. I picked up a rose and went outside. I looked down and saw a woman on her knees. She was crying. There was a man and a woman standing in front of her. I didn't
Mean to eavesdrop, but I heard a bit of the conversation.

"So, you're leaving me? For my best friend?" She called out.

The couple just looked at each other before walking away, leaving her to herself. She contin7ed crying and I didnt know what to do. Should I go down and comfort her. She was holding a necklace that looked liked it was one of two. Couple necklaces. Suddenly, I saw a black butterfly coming. Oh no. It happened in slow motion. The butterfly landed on her necklace and she transformed. She was wearing a body-con blue dress and blue mask. Snow and ice like details were surrounding the mask and dress. I quickly transformed and went out to fight the akuma.

"Ah ladybug! How nice of you to show up. You have such a big heart, always helping innocent people. Im going to change that and turn your heart into ice." She used the bow that she had transformed with and started shooting ice arrows at me. I dodged them all, but one citizen, unfortunately, got hit. The second she was hit her attitude changed. She became cold and uncaring to the people was helping seconds ago. Ok, do not want to get hit with one of those. Where is Cat Noir? This woman, who I will call the ice queen seemed to want revenge on the man and the woman who were here just a few minutes before she was akumitized. She continued to fire ice arrows. I knew where the akuma was I  just couldn't get close to her or else I would be shot and Cat Noir was still nowhere in sight.

"Lucky Charm!" I called out.

My lucky charm gave me a fishing rod.

"A fishing rod? What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked myself.

I looked around. My ladybug vision lit up. I ran around the ice queen in circles, she kept shooting at me. Then, when I was confident she was dizzy, I used the fishing hook and hooked her bow. I pulled it away and caught it.

"Gotcha." I sad. I put the bow on my back and then came up to the ice queen. She tried punching me but I easily dodged and pinned her down. Once she was down I grabbed her necklace and broke it. The akuma came flying out. 

"No more evil doing for you little akuma. Time to de-evilize!" I called out. I caught it and purified it. 

"Gotcha. Bye bye little butterfly" 

I threw the fishing rod into the air. 

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!" I called out. Everything went back to normal. I walked up to the woman. 

"Ladybug? What happened? Last thing I remember my boyfriend was leaving me for my best friend.She's been cheating for months." She said. 

Ouch. That's brutal

"I'm sorry to hear that. You were akumitized."

"Oh, well thank you Ladybug, I best be going." She said. She got up and left. Where was Cat Noir? I opened up my yoyo and saw he was transformed. I decieded to follow him. Maybe there was another akuma across the town. I followed the signal all the way across town, and then into the alley. What was he doing in there? When I walked into the alley, I saw something that I wished I never saw. My heart was shattered into a million pieces. Cat Noir was kissing anothe girl.