Chapter 1

Row's POV

Not much had happened since the meeting in the garden. Camelot had been peaceful and the people were happy, as was their King. Uther had ordered that the caverns underneath the castle be searched for ancient tombs he believed his predecessors had left him valuable items such as gold.

By the time morning had finally arrived I think the entire castle was in a grouchy mood. Merlin had already come to tell me how Arthur had called for him in the middle of the night commanding him to stop the noise under the orders of their prince. However, they had finally had a breakthrough instead of something joyous it was the total opposite which caused all the workers to flee in fear of their lives.

I had told Arthur however many weeks ago and kept pestering him enough so that he would remember to come and get me when they had found such treasure. History was something that interested me very much I was curious as to what we may find down there.

As if on que I had just finished putting the last pin in my sun kissed hair when the loud knock on my door sounded. I opened the slightly creaking door and to no surprise stood my knight in shining armour... literally! Who didn't seem to be in the best of moods this fine morning... wonder why I thought to myself laughing slightly, I already knew the reason and it was quite funny.

We walked together arm in arm through the draftee corridors until we reached the castle courtyard where we could get access to the lower parts of the city. The king was eagerly waiting our arrival and informed us that Morgana was not feeling well this morning so she sadly wouldn't be joining us. The two men took fairly large paces which was clearly because of their excitement to see the new findings. I on the other hand was not as fortunate and while they took one large pace I had to take 2-3 quicker ones in order to keep up with them and was thankful when we finally got there.

Entering the arched entrance, I could see Merlin chasing a fully gold place that if I saw correctly had a dent in it how odd? The king muttered under his breath what sounded like idiot and Arthur tugged on his sleeve making an embarrassed Merlin stop in his tracks. I saw him look over to me for help but I shrugged my shoulders sending him a smirk making him glare at me. That moment reminded me of my childhood and how the two of us would always wind each other up.

"Were you born clumsy or do you work at it?" I laughed slightly and Arthur seemed to feed off of my happiness as another sarcastic remark would always come again soon after the last. "It's just one of my many gifts!" Merlin's replies were always what seemed to be the icing on the cake, these two were just incredibly funny together!

I unhooked my arm from his as he took a stroll around the room inspecting the variety of objects and ornaments around the room. It wasn't any of those that struck me about the tomb and treasury of the deceased. It was the glowing blue gem that lay where the dead man's heart would be, I knew it was magic there was no doubt about it. Hopefully Uther wouldn't catch on maybe instead he would think of it as a treasure.

"Well this is quite a find! You see Gaius I was right, there is treasure to be found under Camelot!" The king was rather excited about the discovery but after watching Gaius the court physician and trusted friend of Uther's I wasn't so sure. "Which of my predecessors do I have to thank for this?" The king was examining every coin and object he could lay his hands in total awe at what ay underneath his magnificent city. It was once he put a single coin down that he noticed the heart shaped jewel in the tomb shining quite brightly. "Gaius?" after getting no response the first time he had to make sure his trusty friend was still in the same room. "I will have to look in to it sire."

The king then looked to the front of the tomb and located on the floor was a man probably one of the workers who had sadly perished but who knows how. His eyes were bloodshot and his face of a pale blushing tone it was quite a haunting sight to witness and I only dared look for a second worried I would have nightmares from the horrific sight.