Chapter 11

Arthur's POV

Row and I had agreed on the fact that I would need to consult with my father and explain that I will be leaving however, will be leaving out Row's side of the story. She was worried and scared no doubt about it.

Since being in Camelot Row has grown into a strong independent woman who is ready for anything but this... I wasn't so sure about. She wasn't even aware of the extent of the nightmares, but I couldn't get the thought at the back of my brain to leave me alone. The events in her nightmare seem awfully familiar.

I had left her for some time alone in her chambers while I took the time to speak with my father. Heading towards his council chamber gave me plenty of time to think. What could this challenge be? What was Rows involvement?

I hadn't even told her about the real reason I was so fixed on going. Morgause knew my mother... and I needed to know more.

With that thought I had arrived, and the guards opened the large oak doors revealing my father working on some documents the quill in his hand moving fluently. He glanced up and acknowledged me before looking down once again.

"Arthur" the sound of the doors closing behind me.

"Father, I've come to tell you that within the next few days I will be partaking in a challenge set out by Morgause". He carried on writing "What is the nature of this... challenge?"

"She didn't say. But I gave her my word that I'd accept it no matter what." Keeping my hand behind my back a rolled back on my heel. "You should never have made such a promise." His voice was stern as he raised the quill from the paper and eyed me. "You have no idea what she may ask of you."

"She had her sword to my chest... I had no choice." My father sighed and began to contne with is work. "Morgause said that she knew my mother". His interest was peaked once again as he narrowed his eyes in confusion. "She told you this?" I nodded and the he rose to his feet and walked behind his chair back facing me. "Obviously she's lying... she's playing on your affections on your mother to lure you into a trap."

I shook my head "That makes no sense, she spared my life". His hand was on is waist as he slightly turned his head toward me "Confirms my suspicions. I believe Morgause is an enchantress... how else could she have defeated you?"

"I don't believe she was using magic" my eyes went to the floor as I barely got my words out without hesitating. "And you would know for certain if she were?" He was back to facing me now taking slow paced steps towards me. "Under no circumstances will you go to meet her or accept this challenge." He then sat back down on his chair ready to return to his work.

I quickly walked towards him placing both hands on the table "I gave her my word!"

"I don't care what was said to her, you will remain in Camelot!" I shook my head "I want to hear what she knows about my mother!"

He leant forward he eyes full of anger "She knows nothing she is lying. You will not go to her, I forbid you!" I rolled my eyes getting frustrated "So I am to break my word?"

He then turned to the guards "Escort my son to his chambers, under no circumstances will he be allowed to leave". I snickered "You're confining me to my chambers?"

"I'm protecting you from your own foolishness!"

As the guards approached me, I took a few steps back "It's not just myself I seek answers for..." before he could demand any more answers from me, I walked back to my chambers with the guards close on my tail. As I walked in the two sentries posted themselves outside my door.

In my frustration I threw whatever was closest to me against the wall and then heard the loud crash. I looked down to see the vase of wildflowers on the floor that was a gift from Row. "Ahhh!" I picked my dagger from my table and walked towards my window planting myself there for as long as necessary wallowing in my own pity using the blade to pick at the stone wall.