Chapter 16

Arthurs POV:

Letting out an angry grown I kicked at the loose stones hidden in the ever-growing grass. Before proceeding to sit down. Time was ticking and it wasn't helping my wandering mind being left alone. I was about to get up and go look for the pair before I saw Merlin and Row walking down the worn steps. His arm was around her. Her eyes to the ground. Merlin glanced to the horses finding me sat on the ground giving me a sad eye. Quickly standing up I wasn't sure whether to go over or to just stay.

Her eyes were no longer as red as upstairs as she looked in my direction. Merlin lost his grip on her as she ran towards me practically jumping in my arms as we embraced. No words were needed to be said. She knew I was hurting and I sure as hell knew she was too. We needed each other. The two of us had been given answers and it wasn't what we expected.

"Shall we go home?" I asked and she nodded her head into my neck as I still held her above the ground in my arms. Placing her on the ground our hands entwined as we walked silently together towards her white stallion. Merlin was quick to walk past and hold the horses reins ready for her to take as I lifted her to the saddle carefully and placed her feet into the stirrups. She gave my hand a quick squeeze before taking the reins from an eager looking Merlin.

Getting on my own stead was quick and easy ready to get back to Camelot and face my father. Glancing behind I checked that Row and Merlin were ready before signalling my horse to walk on.

We took the same path back and thankfully due to Merlin being silent this time no bandits or troops heard us, and we slipped through Odin's lands back into Camelot without a problem. The birds sang their song as we made our way through the forest until we saw the tall turrets of Camelot castle. At this site I proceeded to gallop down the hill not wanting to wait another moment to face him.

Merlin and Row were quick in their pursuit and as we reached the gates of Camelot many of the citizens had to dart out of the way quickly due to the speed we were travelling. The paved stone courtyard echoed as our horses arrived in it. I jumped off my saddle quickly and unsheathed my sword with fiery eyes not daring to look behind me toward Row and Merlin. "You need to go after him!" I heard her say to him before I heard him attempting to keep up with me. "What are you going to do?" he called but I gave him no answer as I walked into the Castle knowing exactly where I was going. My fathers' council chamber that's where he always was at this time of day.

Left, right, right, left until the doors were before me everyone in the palace halls moved to the side as I stormed down the open pathway before me to the end of the hall. No guards stood in my way as I walked into the chamber and saw him looking through paperwork with Sir Leon. His eyes glanced up and were surprised to see me. "Arthur, where have you been? I have had search parties out looking for you and Row." I inhaled deeply and my eyes narrowed at him. "Arthur?"

"I know what you did to my mother." I bluntly told him, but his face didn't change or hold any emotion. "Leave us. No one is to enter." And with that all the guards in the room as well as Sir Leon left the chamber and closed the doors behind them.

"What are you talking about? He shrugged his shoulders. Even now he lies through his teeth, "You were so desperate for an heir, you were prepared to use magic." My breathing was heavy from fury. "Did Morgause tell you this? She's lying."

"My mother is dead because of your selfishness and arrogance. Her blood is on your hands!" she shook his head. "No, that's not true but Morgause would have you believe that." He turned and took a few steps toward the window no longer looking at me. "This is what fuels your hatred for those who practice magic, rather than blame yourself for what you did. You blame them!"