Chapter 3

Rows POV:

Arthur was still clutching on to his chest trying not to show any emotion but I knew inside how intense the pain must be. "Here you go" my hand removed his from the wound and I began wrapping it around his body. "Uh, this might hurt a little, but it needs to be tight in order to stop the bleeding". Whilst I was applying the bandage those blue eyes didn't once remove themselves from my frame. "Why are you looking at me like that Arthur?" he must have now noticed the slight rosiness to my skin tone. "Because you-". Before he could finish his sentence, Uther came in hastily in order to make sure his son was fine.

"Arthur!" I moved to the side slightly knowing my work was done Gaius just had to prepare something for the pain. "It's nothing." After hearing that his face wasn't as worried. "Have we driven the creatures out?"

"They have control of the lower town; the market has been all but destroyed". The king's eyes moved from his son examining the room he was in, all these people injured and in his care. "How many dead?" he watched as his loyal friends worked hard in order to help save the lives of innocent villagers, guards and even some of the knights. "Theres too many to number." Hearing Arthur say that made me want to burst in tears, all these people dead for what purpose? All that has happened is family's being torn apart, loved ones lost and a destruction of a kingdom. It was then I made my conclusion this was no doubt the sorcerer Sigan' doing. "I'm sealing the citadel." He turned around to face us, what was he thinking! "You can't!"

"I have no choice! I have to protect those who have a chance! If I don't we will all fall!" The sound of one of the creatures walking across the roof was making everyone fearful, dust was falling like waterfalls from where cracks were beginning to form. Arthur stood up and I tried to stop him. "I'm alright". He spoke softly but there was no reassurance for me receive. "Where are you going?" Uther watched his son who was showing only determination. "There are people trapped on the drawbridge." He picked up his sword and began walking out. "I forbid you!" His father attempting to prevent his son from going to certain death but of course Arthur was to noble to let his people die. "I'm not leaving them to die!" There was no stopping him he was gone. The king stood there distraught if Arthur was going then so was I.

We were now on the drawbridge and bodies lay there who knew if they were alive. Not only were there villagers on the bridge but throughout the streets of Camelot lay men and women alike. "Check for survivors." Arthurs dull voice ordered but before I could even move a screech came from behind me and the beast flew to face Arthur. "On me!" Our group edged closer with swords and spears pointed towards the strange creature. "Charge!" and we did but the beast kept pushing us back. Another one came from behind picking one of the knights up from the floor taking him who knows where. The creature in front must have hit Arthur and the men who were meant to protect him were retreating. I however would not. I stood face to face with the beast "Come on then!" and it did trying to use the same trick on me. It moved its tail trying to throw me through the air I ducked with plenty of time to spare waiting for my prime moment and then ran forward when its attentions were to the side I ran stabbing it in the heart making it fall to the floor its dark black eyes not leaving mine.

When I was certain it wasn't going to bother me again I made my way over to Arthur who was just recovering "that's twice I've saved you today!" He seemed fine the bandage I put on him was still in place thankfully and with no new wound we were able to make our way easily back to the courtyard. "You know I should probably stop telling you what to do. You never listen anyway." I looked up to a smirking Arthur "well it's a good thing I don't. We go through everything together remember?" He nodded bringing me close to him. It was slightly misty now no doubt from the smoke.

We could hear the calls of the men for Arthur and just as we saw them our final foe appeared from nowhere causing me and him to be cut off from safety. "Go save yourselves" he turned to me not knowing what to do. "Row you need to go to! Get to a safe space in the lower town!" I didn't move my eyes off of the creature as he did someone had to be on guard at all times. "No! Did you not pay any attention to what I just said? Together! Together we can defeat this thing, so stop treating me as a delicate flower I'm just as good at defending myself as you!" He mumbled something to himself as he turned back to face this creature.