|7|

Bɪᴛᴛᴇʀ Tʀᴜᴛʜ?

Varun's POV

She wants to know everything about Alia. What would I tell her? That I have a huge crush on Alia, that I drool over her, that I think about her every time I breath and she doesn't give a shit about anything. If I tell this to Shraddha she would kill me for Falling in something like this, but I have to tell her, so I can find a way out of this scandalous controversy. "It's ok Varun you can do this" I say to myself and start the narration of my one sided love story.

Shraddha's POV

"He loves her, he has feelings for her". These two sentences have made the ground underneath slip away from my feet. These two sentences have created a whirlpool of emotions inside my heart. These two sentences have made all my senses go numb. All I can hear right now is the loud thumping of my heart against my chest. "Why does it hurt,? Why do I feel like this?" I ask myself. "Is it because of the 8 year old me, who still has a soft corner for him, or is it because I am too used to having all his time for me. Is it because I do not want my best friend to be taken away from me? yes, this must be it". "But I am his friend, I should be happy for him. Yes, that's it, I am not going to think about the past anymore and I am going to help my friend", with that thought in my mind, I start telling him about the genius plan that I made.

"Ok, so now that I know everything let's start with the plan", I say. "WHAT! That's all you have to say?" he questions, more like screams at me. "Yes, that's all. What else do you expect me to say anyway? Paraaya toh tumne pehle se hi kar diya hai. For god sakes Varun! Since when did you start keeping secrets from me? Dude we are friends and friends don't keep secrets from one another" I say, trying very hard to keep myself cool. What the hell does he even think of himself! When he doesn't need me, he doesn't talk to me and when he needs my help, he comes running to me. Anyways whatever happens, even if he forgets me I am still going to be there in his good and bad times.

"Alright!" I start saying my plan where as Varun gets startled and nearly falls off the bed. Sighing inside, I start telling him my plan. "We need to distract media's attention off this kissing scandal". "We need to do something which completely takes away everyone's attention off you and Alia", I say thinking of multiple ways from which the media can get distracted.

"Shraddha this is not some Vada Pav that one night you have a scandalous kiss and the next day they'll get distracted and forget everything. They are media not Sanjay Singhania from Ghajini" he says completely breaking my chain of thoughts.

"How? How did I even dare to think that you can stay quiet for a moment. Nope! You are that creaking chair that never misses a chance to make a noise", I say as he sits there frowning. "And you are that person who never misses a chance to boss around", he says while smirking devilishly. "Oh really?! You know what you are! An ugly duckling who has never had a glow up", I say slapping that smirk right off his face. "Uh huh and you know what you are! A girl who has never had a boyfriend because they run away looking at your scary face". "What?!", I say gasping loudly. " You know what you are! A trashcan full of rubbish!", I say trying really hard to stop myself from punching him in the face. "You know what you are! That trash that goes in the bin!" He says getting all worked up. I look at him with pure anger and by the looks of his face, I think the feelings are mutual. "FINE! I am not helping you anymore go to hell!" I say screaming at the top of my lungs. "FINE! I don't need your help anyways!" He says screaming and mimicking my exact way.

"FINE!"

"FINE!"

"FINE!!!!" I say, turning around ready to stomp out and then I stop in my tracks. I turn around again only to see him smirking. "What? Ready to accept your defeat?" He says smirking proudly as if he has won a world war. "No, just realized this is 'MY' house and you should be the one getting out." I said taking away that smirk off his face and instead plastering it on mine. His jaw dropped almost touching the floor as he looked at me bewildered at my victory.