|13|

I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

Varun's POV:
(The Dhawan household)

"Yeah, get that ready, also make sure that the draft is done by Wednesday. We can't have it any later. I am doing the script analysis tomorrow, hopefully everything goes well. Anyways call me when you are done." I hung up the call with my manager, Avi. Things have started escalating, there is suddenly so much work and pressure. After the huge success of Student of the Year, all eyes are on us three. Me, Siddharth and Alia.

Alia, I haven't even had the chance to talk to her properly after the scandal. I tried to apologise, but she downright ended my call. Oh well, I deserved it. I shouldn't have done what I did, I should have handled my emotions better. I can't do anything about it now, except for waiting for her to forgive me.

I sat down on the dining table for breakfast, joining the rest of my family. "Maa, what's there to devour today?" I asked, moving my eyebrows up and down with a silly smile plastered on my face.

"Hhmmph!" I heard a scoff, from the right side of the table. I turned to look and wasn't surprised to see dad sitting there, with a look of distaste. Yaar, what's his problem. "Maa! Look at him ya, he doesn't even let me eat with peace." I said whining like a child. I swear to God he hates me. Just then there was another scoff, followed by "Grow up, grow up! For how long are you going to act like a child?" He taunted in a sassy way. "Maa!" I screeched. "David!" Mum warned. "Arey Kya Bhai, sachai chup nahi sakti, chahe jitna chupa lo." (What? The truth cannot be hidden, even if you try hard) he said, ending with a smirk on his face.

I feel like I am adopted! As I sat there with a pout on my face, with maa scolding dad. My attention turned to the person who just called me. I looked to my left side, to see Rohit, my older brother, sitting in silence enjoying his food. "We all heard the news, just haven't asked you anything yet, because we are waiting for you to tell us yourself. What's the tea?" He asked, with a Stern face.

One thing you should know about Rohit is that, he is a no bullshit kinda man. He is goofy and crazy with me when he needs to be, caring and loving when he needs to and strict and Stern, if the situation is serious. Right now it's the last one. I don't know what to tell him. I don't know what my life has come to. In a span of one month, I have had my debut, got extremely famous, gotten into a scandal, met my best friend after 6 years and got myself a fake girlfriend. I just don't know what to say anymore. If I tell them that I got myself a fake girlfriend to hide the controversy surrounding me, I am gonna get chappal (slipper), even though I am a successful star now.

"It was shraddha's idea!" I blurted out without giving it a second thought. *Internal facepalm* Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! "What was? You getting a fake girlfriend?" He said raising his eyebrows. "Well, kinda." I avoided his eyes as much as possible. He could see right through me. "You started a faux relationship with a random girl, just so you could hide your lame ass controversy." He said in a Stern voice. "She is not a random girl, she is a known fashion designer." I said defending her, surprising my own self. Wow, I just did that, ew.

"Defending her are we? You have spread the whole news around and it's spreading like wildfire. It's so disappointing to see that all this shit is happening to you and it hasn't even been a month since you debuted. This is ridiculous Varun, you should know better than to do something like this. This could affect your career so much. Imagine the nation finding out that India's new 'it' boy, the nation's crush, who just debuted a month ago, already has news of an affair coming out. All the fantasies that you started in every girl's hearts have now just gone down the drain. If this continues, all the hype around you will gradually decrease, leading to failure. Choose your steps wisely, the pathway of the career you have chosen requires you to maintain the hype around you." He said in a Stern yet caring tone. I know what he is talking about, I fully understand, but the only thing that could prevent that scandal from leaking was this. If that scandal leaked it would literally be the end of me.