|16|

Dᴜᴛʏ ᴄᴀʟʟꜱ

Shraddha's POV:
(Shraddha's apartment)

It's been an hour since I left Varun's house.

I remembered how I burst out into tears and ran out of the house. Even driving back to my apartment was hard for me. I couldn't breathe properly because I was hurting so much. Is it really that simple to break 19 years of friendship like that.

When I started the drive to my apartment, I was sobbing. Every part of my heart hurt. By the time I was midway, my heart started to go numb,  my lacrimal duct probably just got empty because the amount of tears I let out. My breathing started again. As soon as the oxygen started to fill me, the rational part of my brain started to work and my blood started boiling. By the time, I reached home, I was seething in anger.

Let me tell you something about myself. I am a person that'd do anything for her loved ones. I can be a very closed off person, on first glance, but once we become close, between you and me, you will be my first priority.

That's exactly what Varun has been, throughout my life. He was there for me when I needed him the most and so was I, or at least I thought so. When we were young, people used to say we were joined at the hip. Nothing could separate us.

We were with each other when we ate food. We were with each other when we studied. We were with each other, when we played little mischiefs on others. We were with each other when we got scolded for it.

We did anything and everything possible, together. 'We were inseparable.'

I scoffed at the thought. I wasn't in the mood of defending his actions anymore. I already tried infinite times, I don't wanna do it anymore. This is all I have been doing, all my life. Defending his actions from my conscious. He needs to grow up, he can't go around acting reckless all the time. If  he has issues with me, then he should know how to have a proper conversation like a mature adult.

'Not just go psycho mode on me.'

As I said this a dark feeling took over me. I might be mocking it right now, but there was something definitely wrong with him today. He has never in his 25 years of existence, done anything like this. There was something hurting him, something was bothering him. Why else would he be looking like a lifeless body, with soul piercing red eyes.

I need to stop this right now. Every single time we fight, I start to worry about him. He is not the center of my universe, not everything revolves around him.

'But sometimes everything, does revolve around him Shraddha. Stop lying to yourself.'

That was my subconscious mind, we are all going to ignore it, cause there is no point going there.

With that thought stopped right there, I quickly ran to take a shower and get dressed. We only have 3 weeks left, till Aashiqui 2 releases and I have a promotional photoshoot for it today.

Whatever happens in my life, my work would always come first.

1 hour later..
(The Erlebnisse studios)

I stepped out of my car, in front of the back gate of The Erlebnisse photo studio. This studio was one of the top photo Studios of the Bollywood industry. It had photographers that held the IPA (International Photography Awards), they were winners of many other awards too. Every actor in this industry knew, that this photo studio was no joke. I was honored to be here. It was like a dream come true.

I was shooting for a promotional glamour photoshoot. This was one of things that was counted as little preparations, otherwise known as promotional strategies before the actual release of the film. The photoshoots that happen today will be used, to create news and internet headlines. As soon as the Photos release, millions of articles with our faces printed at the front will be released as well.