♡ River Phoenix ♡ // Dreams

And oh, my dreams
It's never quite as it seems
Never quite as it seems

I know I've felt like this beforeBut now I'm feeling it even moreBecause it came from you

But now I'm feeling it even more
Because it came from you

        After months of cold and morose skies, the weather started clearing up. Summer was just around the corner, so now was the time for comfortable afternoons of springtime in the park.
       River had the spontaneous idea earlier to grab a blanket and stay outside in the fresh air. The grass was soft, the ground underneath was surprisingly not wet from the previous days of rain.
        It really was the perfect spot, a nearby tree blocking the intense light of the sun, but still enough where it could shine warmth.
          The boy had rested his head on your lap, easily making himself comfortable. As he spoke looking up, you just scanned every but of his features.
How you could see him think of something to say, licking his lips before telling you something.
How it had been a few days since he had shaved. How his arched brows would show focus when he was listening to you.
How cute he looked as he was simply just being himself.
         Beneath that playful exterior, you could also see the restlessness in his blue eyes as he fought the feeling of sleep. Suggesting that he rest while it was so nice in this moment, you promised to even wake him up if the sun were to be setting.
       A pout he gave you in return while pretending to tremble pink lips. He wanted to stay awake and talk while you looked down upon him lovingly. Running your hands through his long hair, you couldn't help but smile as he soon gave in like a child and started falling asleep.

       You and River have been seeing each other for quite some time now. Although you two were an unofficial item, most weekends and evenings were spent together. Staying up all night, talking about your common passions, until waking up in the afternoon just cuddling for warmth under a mountain of blankets.
       With winter over, there was a small part of you deep down that felt like you were only River's seasonal fling. He never mentioned anything of taking your relationship to the next level, but you still kept yourself available and on-call for him. Insecurities were getting the best of you on the inside, but you didn't want River to know that's what occupied your attention.
Trying so hard to push that spiraling thought down, you hadn't realized you were staring off into the surrounding nature.
It was quiet in the park, a few joggers here and there, a dog and its owner might've passed you by: You were too in your own mind to recall.
A small breeze had blew a few strands of your hair into your face. Not noticing it until River's fingers brushed across your cheeks. The touch of his fingers were gentle, soft, as he almost didn't want to disturb your deep thought. He reached up from where he was laying down to neatly tuck the strands behind your ear
        Gentle caress to the corner of your lips to fix where a final hair strand got caught, you turned ever so slightly to smile and kiss the tips of guitar-callused fingers that had met with your skin countless times before.
"Feeling better?"
         You softly chuckled. River sat up and extended his arms up and out, stretching with a small moan.
"A little bit."
An exhale, his voice was slightly raspy. He really did need that pause in time. Between constant practices with his band and his acting, you always wanted to make sure he remembered to take a break. You knew how hard working he was, you'd hate to see him crash hard.
"Why only a little bit-?"
Before you could finish your sentence, River was already leaning in closer, placing his lips upon yours. Closing your eyes and rubbing your thumb on his warm cheek, you tried not to push back too hard in the deepening kiss and throw off each other's balance.
River pulled away slowly, to then place his forehead on yours.
"There. Now I'm all better."
A kiss on your nose before he sat back up and crossed his legs, knees being brought close to his chest.
"Do you want to hear about the dream I had, [Y/N]? You were in it."
"You had time to dream in such a short amount of time?"
"I always have time to dream about you."
You should've seen that coming, but it didn't stop the flush of red to your cheeks.
Encouraging him to tell you his dream, he bit his lip.
"Okay, but don't get totally weirded out, okay?"
You nodded, promising you wouldn't hold him accountable.
"I dreamt... you and I were, uhm- getting married."
"Married??"
"I know-! I just- You see- It was actually quite nice. You made such a beautiful bride, [Y/N]"
"River-"
You were in quite a shock of what he said. It's not like he proposed or anything, but in his subconscious, commitment to you was what he was thinking of.
"-how can you be thinking about us being married when you don't even consider me your girlfriend?"
It was River's turn for a shock reaction, his face in disbelief.
"[Y/N], what do you mean I don't consider you my girlfriend? Do you not consider me your boyfriend?"
"Well. I- We haven't exactly talked about it! I would... like to be your girlfriend."
The last part of your sentence, you trailed off in a softer voice, but River just smiled at this whole situation.
"We haven't talked about it before, so I guess this is it now. [Y/N], I would love for you to be my girlfriend."
Kissing the boy again, his arms now wrapping around you, you felt so happy in this moment. Like a pain was eased almost, you then felt River turn to whisper something in your ear.

"Hey, really though -Would you ever consider being my wife one day?"

___________________________________________________

(( finally posted a River imagine that was long overdue 😩😩😩♥️♥️♥️
Sorry I forgot who requested this!! (I was away for a while and totally lost track- my bad 😅)
But now it's for everyone to enjoy!!