Chiba Ryunnosuke Time

Chiba sat at his desk, running his hand through his thick and messy black hair. His small apartment was dead silent except for the rattling sound the AC made and the loud white fan that lay on the floor in the corner of his room. Despite these measures, the room was still very humid and sweaty. He was staring at his black computer, the blank space where his report was supposed to be staring right back at him.

He was told to write an essay for his student aid course about what he wanted to work as. When he was a child, the answer was obvious: an architect. But it wasn't that easy for him now that he was a college student. Chiba was taking a physics, mathematics, and business course along with his student aid course. He wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to pull the trigger on becoming an architect. It would require way more effort and commitment than what he was willing to put forth. Graduation was in three weeks, so the clock was ticking.

A knock at the door jolted Chiba awake. Ever since he had caught the yellow octopus spying on him while he slept about 10 years ago, he has been a very sensitive sleeper.

He tilted his head up to find that he had fallen asleep on his report. The page that was supposed to be filled with productive and sophisticated writing was filled with random letters and numbers from where his face lay on the keys. The fist pounded on the door once again, impatiently.

He stood up and wiped the sleep from his eyes. He took a moment to fix his hair and erase all emotions from his face before confronting the person

It was his sort-of-friend, Asuka Hayato.

Honestly, Chiba wasn't very fond of him. In fact, he was basically his complete opposite. The only reason Chiba didn't cut all contact with him was because he could somehow see right through his mask. He could read Chiba's emotions effortlessly, which scared him. He knew too much about Chiba, so he kept tabs on who he spoke with in order to ensure that no unnecessary attention would be brought to him.

"Hey, Asuka-kun. "

"Ah, did I wake you? Sorry. "

"What do you want?"

"Actually, there is this short lecture about what it's like to be an architect in the library! I thought you'd want to go! It's in an hour. "

"Maybe I will. "

"Are.. You okay, Chiba-kun?"

He nodded.

"Okay then. Text me if you wanna go. See you later, I guess. "

"Mhm. " Chiba closed the door on him and waited for a moment before returning to his desk. He still had absolutely no idea what to write.