Meeting Time

Chiba's POV.

Chiba didn't get any sleep that night. After several cups of coffee pumped with sugar, he finished the student aid assignment. He usually never had problems with assignments, but it was when he had to write about himself did problems arise. That's why math was his favorite subject.

He had decided to write about being an architect after all, even though his plans would most likely change. Being a graphic novelist would have probably been his next choice. Due to his enhanced vision and creative mindset, designing things happens to be his specialty.

After the brutally exhausting project was over, Chiba sat at his desk, playing a mindless game until the sun came up.
He decided to skip the first class in the morning that day. Actually, he skipped most of his classes besides math and student aid more often than not. He never would have thought that he would become a lazy student like Karma Akabane, but then again, there were many things in his life that he didn't expect would happen. Making it past four years of college is a good example.

Chiba took a shower once he realized how he looked, and he dressed in the most attractive clothing he had. It was a black and white suit with a black tie. All he had to do was complete his look by styling his hair.

He stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom and stared at his hair, wondering what to do with it. He tried pinning it back with hair clips, but he remembered how intimidating his eyes looked to others. After parting it several different ways, he decided to leave it how it was.

Chiba went back into the main room and say on his small leather couch and waited. He passed the time by picking at his nails, which was a bad habit of his. After about half an hour, which seemed like forever in Chiba's mind, there was finally a loud and firm knock on the door.

Chiba opened it and found himself face-to-face with a very large and muscular man whom he had never seen before. He was wearing a black security vest and had a gun on his hip, which Chiba noticed immediately.

"Chiba Ryuunosuke?" The man's voice was surprisingly high-pitched and didn't fit him at all. He spoke perfect Japanese, but had a very clear American accent.

"Yes, " Chiba answered. "That's me. "

"I'm Aaron, I'm with the Ministry of Defense. Picking you up for Karasuma. "
Chiba nodded and allowed Aaron to usher him to a large armored vehicle after locking and securing his home. He climbed into the massive vehicle and took a seat in the very back.

Unsurprisingly, the seats were made of a rough plastic rather than soft cushions. Almost all police cars had plastic seats so that they would be easier to clean. For a minute, Chiba felt like he was under arrest and headed to the police station. He shook the silly thought from his head and buckled in.

Aaron drove off down the streets of Japan until they reached a very blank looking building in downtown Kyoto. There was a gate next to the gray building and a keypad. Aaron rolled down his window, entered a series of numbers, and drove to the backside of the building where he parked and informed Chiba that they had arrived.

Chiba exited the armored van and allowed Aaron to lead him into the building. Despite the disappointingly bare exterior of the structure, the inside was very busy. There were several other guards who were dressed identically to Aaron that were hurrying about. At least 150 people were visible in the bottom floor of the building alone, and there were most likely hundreds more on the upper floors.

A very tall, black haired man stood on the opposite side of the room and caught Chiba's eye. Chiba had to stop himself from grinning. Karasuma looked slightly older from when they had last met and his hair was tinted gray in some spots. He looked pissed as always, which was probably because of the beautiful woman who clung to his side like a lapdog.

That's right, it was Professor Bitch. She didn't look older in the slightest, and she seemed to have maintained her form. Any other male from class 3-E would have been drooling, including the octopus, but Chiba was particularly well at hiding fuzzy and unnecessary emotions.

Karasuma walked to meet Chiba in the center of the room. Professor Bitch followed stubbornly. She seemed to have noticed Chiba right when Karasuma started talking to him.

"Chiba? You look... Well. Are you here about Karasuma's offer?"
"What else would I be here for?" Chiba said bluntly.
"Ah, well... " She couldn't seem to find the words to answer the question, so Chiba ignored her.

"Hayami is already here. Follow me, if you will. " Karasuma walked past Chiba towards a large set of stairs. Chiba trailed behind him, observing the building closely.

They reached the second level and stopped in front of a large meeting room, where Chiba could hear people having small talk. Karasuma stepped in to announce Chiba's arrival, then opened the door for him to step into the room.

Chiba stood next to Karasuma at the head of a big rounded table and scanned every single face with his striking red eyes until he found the one he was looking for. He allowed himself a very small smile that only the person he intended to see it would be able to. The person's eyes lit up and they returned the smile.