Explanation Time

Chiba's POV
Chiba gave a very short introduction about himself before he was asked to sit at the end of the table next to Hayami. Once he had taken a seat next to her, their eyes met for one second before flitting away in embarrassment.

The mood between them was quite awkward, but the rest of the room had a very serious and professional vibe to it. Around the table sat well-dressed and important looking men, and then there was Karasuma and Professor Bitch sitting at the other end of the table. Surrounding the room were prominent military generals, government officials, and the Deputy Prime Minister of Japan, as well as the Vice President of America. Chiba felt his throat dry up as he looked at the Deputy Prime Minister and Vice President. He felt Hayami tense up as well once she realized the importance of everyone in the room.

Karasuma stood up. "Hello everyone. My name is Tadaomi Karasuma, and I am working for the Japan Air Force and the Ministry of Defense. Thank you for attending this meeting. I'm just going to keep this simple so that everyone can keep up. " He glanced at Hayami and Chiba, who were the youngest people in the room.

"Basically, the Crimson Skulls are starting to conduct business in Japan. The Crimson Skulls are a drug cartel that is based in Los Angeles. They have already formed an alliance with the Crips and Bloods, making them the most dangerous street gang and drug cartel in America. They have killed over three thousand people and transported over forty thousand pounds of cocaine and heroin.

On all of the killings, the victims have had skulls carved onto the forehead. Recently, over ten bodies have been found with skulls. Not only that, but there is Crimson Skulls graffiti appearing in all parts of Japan, and more people have been overdosing on cocaine and heroin by over forty percent. So there is a lot of evidence to prove that the Skulls have allied with a street gang here in Japan to distribute the drugs. " He paused for a moment to let everyone catch up.

"Everyone that has been called here is being asked to help the Ministry of Defense take down this common threat and restore peace to America and Japan. Here are the rules. Everyone who is given a task must complete it to the best of their ability. Everyone is to do exactly as they are told, no more, no less. If America accepts, anyone working for me is permitted to enter the United States freely, they will be granted the same rights as everyone else, they will have full access to any and all resources available, and no harm will be done to them. Do you agree to these terms?" Karasuma looked at the Vice President. A moment of silence passed through the room before the Vice President nodded and spoke in clear Japanese, "I accept. "

Everyone seemed to let out a sigh of relief. Karasuma then asked everyone in the room if they agreed with the terms, which they did.

"Great," Karasuma said. "Now then. Our job here is to eliminate the problem at the source. The Crimson Skulls are based in Nevada, which is in the western United States. Their base is located just outside of the Las Vegas valley. The Ministry of Defense has been sitting on them for a while, but all we have found is that they are heavily armed and hate our guts. We will be doing more surveillance and asking around, but until then, everybody is staying put. Eventually everyone will be given a specific task. Are there any questions?"

Only Irina Jelavic raised her hand.
"Yes, Irina?"
"Those two. Why did you ask them to join us on this mission?" She pointed at Hayami and Chiba. Chiba snapped to attention and Hayami put her head up, both listening carefully.

"Hayami and Chiba? Well, " Karasuma said, "They have the most important job here! It has already been decided that they will be on the front lines, carrying out most of this operation. "

Both of the college students looked absolutely stunned.