Love That Never Died - Obi-Wan Kenobi

[Y/N] POV.

"Come on, [Y/N], we're almost there!" I ran behind Obi-Wan as fast as I could. We've been best friends for our whole lives, but he's going to leave me. He is going to be trained to become a Jedi and he wanted to show me something while he still could. He stopped at the top of the mountain of our home-planet, Stewjon. I ran up the mountain and catched up with him.

"We're here!" I looked around, but saw nothing. What did he wanted to show me? I didn't run that much for nothing!

"What's here to see?" He sat down and I sat down next to him, while he pointed his finger at the sky.

"The stars, they're beautiful tonight." I looked up and saw the twinkling stars bright in the darkness. They're indeed very beautiful tonight. We sat there in silence for a while, just looking at the stars. I've been in love with him for like forever, but I don't want to ruin our friendship so I never told him.

"Soon, I'll become a Jedi and I'll come back for you!" I smiled at his promise and layed my head on his shoulder. But that promise went different as he said.

I was flying through the galaxy towards Geonosis. I'm a bounty hunter now, because I've never seen Obi-Wan again since he left. And the money I made on Stewjon wasn't enough for a living. Currently I'm chasing someone, I can't remember their name, but the person was signaled on Geonosis.

I took a deep breath after I landed and took another look at the hologram picture of the, apparently, guy. I started walking and I wandered in a sort of factory thing. I heard voices behind me and decided to quickly hide myself. I stepped behind a wall and waited for the people to pass. A soft sigh escaped my lips, I looked to my side and saw I man I hadn't seen in years.

"Obi-Wan?" He looked down at me, seeing as he's taller than me, and shushed me.

"Maybe they can hear us..." He whispered and I nodded. He walked over to something and kneeled down, listening to someone's conversation.

"Count Dooku.. I could've known." He stood up and turned to me. A smile formed onto his lips before he grabbed my arm. "We should leave the factory and make sure we aren't going to be captivated before we catch on." I laughed softly and nodded, following him out of the factory.

"So, how is the Jedi life?" I smiled at him while hosting myself on the side of my ship. He stood in front of me with his hands over my knees, softly rubbing them.

"It's amazing! Hard at some times, but finally being able to do the things I wanted to do is amazing." I smiled and nodded.

"I can understand that." I chuckled softly and took in his face. He became a very handsome man, not that he ever looked ugly, but he looks grown up now.

"How about you?" I came back from my trance, hoping he didn't notice me staring at him and looked him directly in his eyes.

"Uh..well, farmer-life didn't give me enough money to live from. So, I decided to hunt people down while I travel the galaxy!" He laughed and intertwined our fingers. Oh please, don't. This is just going to awaken my strong feelings to him that I buried deep down.

"A bounty hunter, mhmm?" I laughed and nodded, looking up at the sky. The stars already came out and air became colder. Obi-Wan opened the cockpit of his ship and motioned for me to get in. "We can sleep in here, that's better than out in the open." I nodded, got inside of the cockpit and he followed soon after. It was cramped up, but we fitted. He closed the cockpit again and I layed against his chest.

"You know, I thought I would never see you again." I heard him sigh and I felt his fingers run through my hair.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N], I was so busy with everything and..."

"It's okay, Obi. Our paths crossed again today and I'm grateful for that, no matter what may happen." He could feel him smile and I felt myself getting more comfortable in his lap, finally falling asleep.

It has been a few days and we catched up, laughed, helped each other. Just stuff that best friends would do. The only thing is, my feelings re-awakened and I don't know how to feel about that. The night of this day was already falling and we reached my ship, as Obi-Wan's was captured by Dooku. We got into my cockpit and I looked at him.

"Obi, I need to tell you something." The words left my mouth before I could think about them. He frowned and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" I looked in his eyes and immediately melted.

"Well, I uhh.. Have been lying about something for a long time.." He sifted a bit and sat up. I took a deep breath.

"I love you, ever since we were kids." I looked down at my hands until I heard him laugh. I looked back up at him.

"And you never told me that because you didn't want to ruin the friendship." I nodded in confusion.

"How do you know that?"

"Well, [Y/N], those feelings where mutual since I first met you!" We both bursted out in laughter and I hugged him. When we broke apart from the hug, he pressed his lips to mine. First soft, but after a few moments the kiss got rougher. Then, the kiss changed into a wonderful night under the stars in my ship.

This is a request for hepburnmercuryfan
I hope you liked it and I really enjoyed to write this one (sorry that it took so long). I'm just very busy with school right now and I will have a lot of exams in the coming 3 weeks. So I need to focus on that, but I'll write as much as possible and you still can sent in your requests/ideas.
Thanks for reading!
Xx