Fire

Tord has been living with Tom for a week now. Tord has good days where he would barely cough any and feel fine, then he had bad days, where he couldn't even get out of bed. Today was a terrible day. He had a fever of 103.5 and couldn't move without pain in his chest. He was sweating and coughing continuously. He was eating a bit better. He ate some soup but he couldn't eat much else. Tom was watching some tv and left the norski to sleep until he heard the most stomach churning wail. He immediately got up and ran to Tord's room. Blood EVERYWHERE. He was screaming as blood continued to pour out his mouth. Tom checked the clock 2:48 good enough. Every day at 3 Tom would give Tord his medicine, and the coughing would stop for a few hours. He needed it now. Tom quickly pulled the red and white case out from a drawer and did what he had to. Tord tried to protest, but ended up being interrupted by more blood.
"Tord you are loosing an extreme amount of blood right now! You're getting this!" Tom yelled, it took a while but Tord finally stop struggling to get a simple shot and stopped coughing after a while.
"Tom...I can't breathe very well..." Tord said, turning his head to look at Tom.
"I know...you're gonna be dizzy too...you just lost SO much blood! Like- A LOT!" Tom said with shock and worry.

Tord eventually passed out, and Tom made sure he wasn't dead before picking the sick communist up and bringing him to his own bedroom. He laid him on the bed and started getting to work cleaning the other room. Tord woke up and groaned.
"Tom?.." Tord said weakly while looking around. He had no clue where he was. He couldn't sit up either. Scratch that- he couldn't move! He couldn't breathe, he could barely see! He started hyperventilating trying to catch his breath.
"TOM!" He yelled as he tried to move but couldn't. Darkness was surrounding him until he felt pressure on his chest. He shot up and gasped. He could breathe again. He could see and move and feel again. He looked over and saw Tom sitting there a smile on his face. He was sweating and had his hoodie off and sleeves rolled up.
"Tom?...what happened?..." Tord said, putting a hand through his hair.
"I heard you scream so I ran in here and you were struggling and not breathing and had your eyes closed. I tried to wake you up but I couldn't. You stopped everything and I couldn't feel your pulse...I gave you CPR but Tord...you almost died! I was so worried!" Tom said, pulling Tord into a hug.

The news sank in with Tord, and he started freaking out.
"OMGIMGOINGTODIEANDYOUARENTEVENGOINGTOKNOW!" I yelled, my words barely comprehensible.
"Hey hey shhh it's alright! You aren't going to die I will be right here!" Tom said, putting a hand on Tord's shoulder.
"What if you're out somewhere and I start doing...THAT again! You won't be here and I'll...I'll be a gonner!" Tord yelled, fear laced in his voice. "Well...I have work tomorrow...so I'm going to leave you with Edd. I'm going to give you a special phone with my work number right on it! So if you need me call." Tom stated with a shrug. Tord stared at him for a little while.
"You've changed Thomas..." Tord said with a smile.
"I don't know why you're being so nice to me...but I do know that I appreciate it and I'll return the favor when I can!" Tord said quietly, laying back down.
"Get some sleep Tordy...it's late..." Tom whispered before turning the light out and leaving the door cracked in case Tord needed him again.

Tom remembered why he cared about the commie so much...he totally made up the story about him cutting in high school. He was quite popular believe it or not, so he had no reason to cut. He needed a cover up. The real reason happened about a month ago, when he first found Tord in the alleyway.

——A month ago—-

Tom walked down the sidewalk, his hands in his hoodie pockets. He looked to his side and saw a man in red. He was all bandaged up, hair a mess, and only had a dirty old towel with him. It was the beginning of winter. Freezing. Tom sighed and wanted to help this person. Then he noticed. This was Tord. He growled then laughed at the Norwegian. He walked away and left him there in the freezing cold. Tom would have to walk there and back from work, since he worked at a small pet shop down by Main Street. He just wore his hoodie over his uniform every day so he wouldn't get cold. He would pass the same alley every day and see Tord in the same one, cuddling his towel. He started walking on the other side of the street, so he wouldn't have to pass directly in front of him. He noticed Tord every day, either asleep or sitting next to someone else. It was a little girl. She was dirty and had a ripped dress on. Tord would take his torn hoodie off and put it on the little girl to keep her warm. Tord found an old teddy bear one day and gave it to her, she was so happy. That's when Tom started watching him to make sure he didn't kill the girl or anything. He was doing the opposite. Protecting her the best of his abilities. He once witnessed him steal from a small market once just so she could have a cupcake. It was apparently her birthday. Tord would even cough up blood, and the girl would wipe it away and hug the norski. Tom watched them and watched them. They were extremely close the two. That's why he cared about Tord. Cause he had changed. He had risked his life for another. He had saved a child and changed himself for the greater good. Tom walked down the sidewalk one day and hid behind his usual building. He didn't see the little girl. Instead he saw Tord, crying and hugging the stuffed bear tightly. Tom gasped and covered his mouth. That's when Tord started having his coughing fit. That's the day Tom saved him. He took the little girl's bear with him and stuffed it in his pockets before taking Tord home.

—-back to da present—-

Tom looked down at the small stuffed animal. It's eye was missing and it had a smile on its face. It was a deep chocolate brown with many stains on it. He sighed. He walked into Tord's room. He was sound asleep. He had work in the morning anyway since he's taken some time off for Tord. He'd leave him with Edd though. He'd be fine for seven hours...hopefully...he'd ask him about the girl after he gets off tomorrow as well. He knew he didn't want to say anything, but his curiosity was bigger than his ego...