Sju

Tord stayed in his room for the next four days. He didn't come out to eat or anything. Tom had to literally FORCE him to take the supplements and he ended up getting slapped or punched every time. Tom didn't care. All he cared about was keeping Tord alive while he worked on a cure. He sat at his desk, hands in his hair. He looked a mess. He was extremely stressed, hadn't gotten any sleep in a while, and lived off coffee. He went to work every morning like usual, then got home and went straight to work. On his days off, he would stay at his desk researching.

Tord got up one day to actually eat something. He was starving after all. He was about to walk back into his room with a muffin, when he heard light whispers and sobbing from Tom's room. He slowly walked towards his door, and listened in.
"I am not letting him down! I-I can't stop now! Come on self! Sleep if for the weak keep up! We just need more coffee is all...we're going to find a cure...all this hard work WILL pay off!" Tom said to himself as Tord heard him walk towards the door. He froze as Tom opened it, a coffee cup in hand. He froze as well.
"Tord? What are you doing?" Tom said calmly, looking confused.
"Please sleep..." was all Tord said before walking back to his room. Tom stood there, a bit dumbfounded. Was Tord listening in on him? What a little stalker...

Tom didn't do any such thing. He stayed awake and kept working. He had chemicals everywhere; test tubes and paper scattered about. He was mixing two liquids, one clear colored the other blue. He had been using cats as test subjects since they're bodies were the closest related to humans. He would infect a cat with the virus, then try out different cures on it. This one was the closet one to working, it just cause a LOT of pain, but eventually worked. On the cat at least. He groaned.
"I've got to be missing something!" Tom said out loud, hitting his fist on the wall.
"Tom?..." A squeak came from the door. Tom turned around to see a terrified and innocent looking Tord at the door.
"Are you okay? I'm sorry I got mad at you...I know you were only trying to help...please stop this...there is no cure Thomas..." Tord said sadly, fully stepping into the room.

"It's been a month! You need to stop! You haven't gotten any sleep and you work for seven hours a day, then come home to this! I'm tired of hearing you lash out on yourself for not succeeding on a cure! It's ridiculous!" Tord yelled, crossing his arms. Tom growled.
"I'm finding you a cure Tord...I told you I'm not letting you die..." Tom said blandly with no emotion.
"But you're hurting yourself in the process...take a break...please...it's midnight...got to sleep..." Tord said, standing up straight so he seemed more intimidating. Tom sighed in defeat, closing his computer. He sat on his bed and looked at the floor.
"I'm sorry..." Tom said silently, tears escaping his eyes. Tord felt real bad now. He walked over and hugged the bean, telling him it's okay.
"Actually...how about you take a shower before you go to bed...you haven't had one in a really long time..." Tord said, picking Tom up and carrying him. Tom screamed as he was picked up, then was confused.
"How are you able to pick me up? The sickness makes you extremely weak!" Tom said as he was dropped in the bathroom. Tord shrugged.

"I've felt pretty good the past few days! You calling me weak? I will pound you!" Tord said with a grimace. Tom looked at Tord as saw just how red his eyes were.
"Tord...your eyes...they-" Tom didn't finish. Tord slammed the door shut...Tom took a shower and damn did it feel good to be clean again. Tom smiled as he walked out the bathroom. He walked into his room to see it all neat again.
"Heya!" Tord said as he was just finishing organizing Tom's desk.
"Wow...you didn't have to do all that..." Tom said, Tord shrugged again.
"I mean...it kept me from chewing my arm off..." Tord said with a giggle.
"Tord...you're fucking delusional! How much sleep have YOU gotten?" Tom said, looking him in the eyes.
"Now get to bed! It's late!" Tord said sternly. Tom looked unamused.
"Tord...what the fuck are you on?.." he said with an unamused face. Tord pushed Tom onto bed and tucked him under the covers. Tord started to walk out the room before Tom stopped him.
"Hey!" Tom yelled, sitting up. Tord stopped and turned around.
"You said...you've felt good the past few days...has any blood come up?" Tom asked as Tord thought for a second.
"Only a little bit, but not much..." Tord said with a smile.
"Maybe the cure was these muffins! The ones you got from that coffee shop! They're the only things I've been able to eat without throwing up...they're really good you should try one! Now go to bed!" Tord said, turning off the light and shutting the door.

Tom woke up the next morning and put his hoodie on. He looked in Tord's room to see him sound asleep. Tom smiled and shut the door softly. He ran out the apartment and to the coffee shop down town. He opened the door and slammed his hands on the counter. The small girl working the register cowered down. Tom grabbed her by her collar and ya led her up.
"What the fuck do you put in those muffins..." he said quietly and sinisterly.
"I-I don't know! I just work here! They make all that stuff in the back!" The girl said, starting to shake with her hands in front of her face. Tom set her down and barged into the back. Three men were mixing a large pot of something. They all looked up and yelped.
"You're not aloud back here!" One of them yelled. Tom stormed over and grabbed one of them.
"What do you put in these muffins?" Tom said more sternly this time.
"L-Look man I just wanna run a business!" The guy said with a nervous smile.
"What are you so nervous about! Just tell me what you put in the damn muffins!" Tom yelled, tightening his grip on the guy.
"Why would I tell you?" The man said with a growl.
"Because you don't want to get shot..." Tom said monotoned, pulling out a gun from his hoodie pocket.
"Holy shit!" One of the other guys shouted.
"WHATS IN THE MUFFINS?!" Tom yelled, pointing the gun at the guys head.
"E-Everything's in the back man! Just don't hurt me! P-Please!" He yelled as Tom released the guy and pointed the guy at his back.
"Take me..." Tom said as the guy started walking. They came across a room full of ingredients.

Flour, sugar, fruit, baking soda, and other stuff. Tom looked around confused.
"It's just regular cooking- oh my god no way...THIS IS WHAT I WAS MISSING!" Tom picked up the 'special ingredient' and chuckled to himself.
"Thank you!~" he sang as he walked out the door. He mixed his chemicals together and added his new found ingredient. He tried it on the cat and immediately he saw good results. He grinned and jumped with joy.
"Finally!" He screamed as Tord walked in with a yawn.
"8 am and already in here eh Thomas?" Tord said with a giggle, rubbing his eyes.
"Weed Tord!" Tom yelled with a grin.
"What?..." Tord said with a confused and creeped out face.
"Ya know! Weed, pot, marijuana! That was it! Those hippies were putting it into the muffins you eat! That's the cure!" Tom yelled with glee.
"I've been eating weed muffins?"
"Tord I finally did it! You're gonna be alright! No more sickness or pain!"
"I ate fucking weed muffins..."
"I KNEW I COULD DO IT!"
"Why in muffins?!" Tord yelled, honestly still confused.