Elleve

Tom and Tord talked for the next week. Tord adopted the name Stan while texting Tom. They would talk about TV shows and different things each other were interested in.
"Tooord!" Maddie called from downstairs. It was currently 7:04 and time for Maddie to go to school and Tord to start work in the garden. He walked downstairs, his button up shirt tucked into his khakis.
"Heya! Have a good day at school alright kiddo?" Tord said, giving her a wink. She giggled and nodded, running out the door and to the bus while yelling goodbye.
"What are we doing in the yard today?" Tord asked Kylie who simply told him to mow the grass.
"You sure that's all? No flowers or hedge clipping?" Tord asked, eager to work more. He had agreed to work in the garden since they let him stay for free and kept him away from the cops.

"I'm sure! You've been working very hard lately sweetie, you deserve a rest!" Kylie smiled at him and he smiled back.
"Thank you!" He grinned and made his way outside and started mowing the lawn.

Meanwhile, Tom was feeding the birds listening to Ricky babble on about some random subject.
"So who's Stan?" Ricky asked making Tom perk up.
"H-How did you know about him?!" Tom yelled, turning around to see Ricky looking at his phone.
"You got a message from him that says 'how's your day going? Hopefully good!' Heart emoji heart emoji~" Ricky smirked making Tom growl.
"Gimme that!" Tom yelled, reaching for his phone, but Ricky kept it away from him.
"Come on Rick! Give it! Please!" Tom begged, jumping to get it but couldn't.
"Not until you tell me who he is?" Ricky smirked.
"He's...a friend..." Tom looked over and blushed.
"Awww! Here ya go, don't wanna keep you love birds away from each other!" Ricky giggled, giving Tom his phone back.
"I don't even know him! He could be a 50 year old man in a basement for all I know!" Tom growled, instantly texting "Stan" back.
Tord saw the message and smiled.
'It's been good! I hope you're having a good day too! *wink face*'
Tord has now been talking to Tom for a week. And not once did he bring Tord up. He sighed and texted something risky.
'I really want to meet you Tom! You want to meet somewhere? Maybe in London!'
Tord groaned as that text sent. He screamed into a pillow.
'Sure! Sounds fun!'
Was his response.

Two days passed and it was the day Tord was going to confront Tom. He was shaking and in his nicest red polo shirt with black skinny jeans and his dress shoes. He smelled amazing! And had a bottle of Smirnoff in his hand along with a rose. He was currently walking to the park he was going to meet Tom at. Maddie was with him since he was walking her to her friends house on the way.
"You're shaking like a rattle snake Tord! Calm down! I bet he'll love you!" She grinned at him.
"I sure hope so...god I'm nervous!" Tord chuckled at his stupidity. Once Maddie was at her friends house she gave him a reassuring thumbs up and walked inside. He continued to the park and spotted Tom on a bench.

He cleared his throat and put a smile on. He walked up to Tom and tapped his shoulder. Tom happily turned around.
"Sta-" His smiled fell.
"Tord?..." he growled.
"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." Tord said looking down.
"I love you Thomas..." Tord sweetly smiled, handing Tom the Smirnoff and rose. Tom stared for a moment before growling and pushing Tord to the ground.
"Love me? LOVE ME? HA! THATS A RIOT TORD! I DEFINITELY WOULD NEVER LOVE SOMEONE LIKE YOU! You're a disgrace...I can't believe you! LEAVE ME ALONE!" Tom screamed, tears pricking his eyes.
"But- I-I'm Stan! You're buddy!" Tord smiled.
"You...DAMMIT I KNEW IT! IM SO NAIVE! God I fucking hate you..." Tom stormed off, stomping on the rose along the way.

That was it. That was all Tord could take before he broke. The rejection broke him into pieces that couldn't be glued back together. He got up and ran back home. Nobody was home thankfully and he ran up to his room. He cried and cried. He then remembered his drawer. He opened it and saw the familiar blood stained razor. He lifts his sleeve and smiled as he cut.
"Terrible! Mistake! Fuck up! Worthless! Unlovable! Outcast! Pitiful excuse for a human being!" Tord ranted to himself as he cut each of the 10 lines. He eventually couldn't handle anymore and put the razor down. He made a hitched whine and ran to the bathroom. He bandaged himself up and went to bed, wishing he would never wake up.

The next day Maddie came home and saw Tord asleep. She giggled and jumped on his bed to wake him up.
"I'm home!" She cheered. Tord groaned and sat up. He was emotionless. He just stared at the little girl. She stopped jumping and saw Tord's state. He looked awful.
"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. He just got up and walked away. Hours passed and he wouldn't say anything to anyone. Maddie eventually heard sobbing from his room and opened the door a crack to see Tord cutting. And deep apparently with the amount of blood that was there. She gasped and ran out the door. She was headed towards Tom's apartment, since she knew where he lived since she delivered cookies to them regularly.

She banged on his door and he answered with a tired look.
"Maddie? We didn't order any cookies in a while what are You doing here?" Tom asked. Maddie started sobbing and Tom gasped.
"What's wrong?!" He asked, kneeling down to her height.
"What did you do to him?" She sobbed. Tom was confused.
"What?" Tom said in confusion.
"Tord! He...he doesn't talk anymore and he looks like a zombie! He cries all the time and cuts himself on the wrist and there's a lot of blood! He wasn't like that before he met you! What did you do to him?!" She screamed, now in anger. Tom just stood there shocked.
"He..." Tom couldn't get words out before dashing out the door.
"Where is he?!" He asked Maddie who was running behind him. Maddie led Tom to the house and you could still hear Tord's sobs.

Tom burst into the room to see a horrific scene. Tord laid there, barely holding onto life. He was bleeding out and could barely breathe. Maddie screamed and ran to go get one of her parents. Tom covered his mouth and started to tear up.
"Tord?!" Tom yelled, getting in his knees and rolling Tord over to his back. Tord started wheezing for air as his eyes started closing.
"Tord no! Don't close you're eyes! I'm coming!" Tom yelled, going into the bathroom and searching for a first-aid kit, which he luckily found. He ran right to Tord and started fixing him up. Sweating as he worked, tom tried his damn best to fix the broken-hearted Tord. He tried so hard. Tord turned his head and looked at Tom with a smile.
"Tom..." he forced out before passing out.